• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Creative Test

Sparkie

Auror
From my WIP:

"I don't like to argue. I'll only lose. But my sword always wins. That's why I fight."-- Serg

A quote from a friend - "If nothing else you have the talent of no matter how hard you knocked to the ground or how many people tell you to just stay down. You get up spitting blood ready for another round"

Neurosis

Minstrel
"Its name was once a handful of elegant syllables thrown to the perennial sky to come fluttering down in helpless cadences"

"The future seeps into the world gradually – a bubbling spring leaking through cracks in the present, spilling slowly and inexorably like blood from inconceivable veins – but in the dark dusty halls of the abandoned council chambers it had run dry amid the damp smells of entropic decay, and darkness."

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
A renowned priestess to her son, an aspiring holy knight:

“I’ve always tried to teach my children as I’ve taught my students; to search out the truth in the world. To see the world as it really is and to love it for that.”
“You have veered from my teaching, Son. Your ideas of spiritual purity have crossed the line into some sort of fanaticism, I’m afraid. And remember Cedrick who I am as I tell you this: a fanatic is not a wise man. A fanatic is a man who believes in something so strongly, that he closes his eyes to all other possibilities. No amount of information nor contrary evidence can reveal the truth to him.”

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
"Getting set on fire has a funny way of rearranging a man's priorities."

"Never pick a fight with anything that craps bigger than you."

"All I ever got from women was a broken heart and an empty wallet. Guess which one still bothers me."

"A well-greased halfling can fit anywhere."

"I don't regret anything; that's why I'm an alcoholic."

myrddin173

Maester
This isn't really something I wrote, but I did say it and might use it in a story someday.

Girl in my Theater class to the professor - "Thank you for saying I'm a good actor. "

Me - "I think you mean actress... Unless you're a reeeaaaally good actor."

Last edited:

Phoenix

Troubadour
"A King takes what he wants, but one day will give it all back."
"Out the ashes I was born, and once I'm done with this world, then to the ashes I will return."
"Tell me then Father, how can a man know joy without sorrow? Relief without pain? Love without hate? Life without death..."
"You ask me why I do these things to you. The answer is quiet obvious. I'm bored..."

Corvus

Scribe
"Knowledge is memorizing facts. Any idiot can do it. Wisdom on the other hand is the ability to utilize those facts in a productive and imaginative way."

"There are no stupid questions. Only stupid people to arrogant to ask them!"

Boat are from my MC who is a scholar and has a bad habit of insulting people at random. :p

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
"Women only leave you with a broken heart."
"True, but that's why the gods invented beer, to heal mens' hearts."