• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

do you ever worry about someone walking off with your ideas?

Wynnara

Minstrel
Ya know, I too was not all that pleased with the last book. You could just tell she was over the whole thing and just wanted to be done with it.

For me it was just the whole "elder wand" business that felt incredibly tacked on. It became such a key element to the climax of the whole series that it seemed crazy that it wasn't established way earlier. It also seemed so out of character for her writing since, one of the things I always liked about it was the fact that she laid things in early and paid them off later.

I wonder if she had a different ending when she was planning the series that she ultimately couldn't go with for whatever reason. It would explain that kind of written-into-a-corner feel that the last book had.

For me it was just the whole "elder wand" business that felt incredibly tacked on. It became such a key element to the climax of the whole series that it seemed crazy that it wasn't established way earlier. It also seemed so out of character for her writing since, one of the things I always liked about it was the fact that she laid things in early and paid them off later.

I wonder if she had a different ending when she was planning the series that she ultimately couldn't go with for whatever reason. It would explain that kind of written-into-a-corner feel that the last book had.
I had not thought about that, it is posiable.
But then again you figure she had been working on the series for the better part of 15+ years, I have been working on mine for about two years and I'm already sicck of it... I can not imagine having to go that long with it.
It would be fun to find out from her would it not? Perhaps one day she will answer that very question.

Mindfire

Istar
There should be a term for when threads get derailed by Twilight discussion.

I'm coining it now: Meyerizing. :)

Let's continue the discussion. Unless someone wants to discuss stealing from Twilight?

I don't think "Meyerizing" works Phil, because it sounds vaguely pro-Meyer. I think "Meyeranting" is what you're looking for. :)

Mindfire

Istar
What's wrong with just calling them hipsters?

Because hipsters dislike everything that is either new or popular. People like me don't fall into that category because I like the Star Wars Prequels (relatively new, compared to the originals) and The Dark Knight (popular). Also, I don't go around claiming that "I used Macs before they became popular."

I don't care for Macs really.