• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Fantasy games :)

Mreichardt

Dreamer
Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II are and probably always will be my favorite games. In addition to writing I'm an aspiring game designer. If I ever get anywhere with that, my goal is to create an RPG modeled after those.

Currently playing The Witcher. It's uneven and buggy at times, but the setting is so strange and compelling and the combat is so fun that I've got to finish it.

My 3 are:
Kingdom Hearts series (I love the song Simple and Clean!)
Ratchet and Clank series (Epic)
and I think Dragon Age origins looks neat(watched my mom play(cheat) and thought "woah!)

JBryden88

Troubadour
The Witchers 1 and 2 have replaced Dragon Age for me. Bioware advertises their fantasy series as dark, edgy, brutal, and sexy, and while DAO and DA2 have the dark park right, dry humping romances isn't sexy, and there's nothing edgy/brutal about it :p The Witcher series meanwhile feels like all of those, especially the 2nd game. Really hooked.

For MMOs, Age of Conan.

Aegle

Minstrel
As for internet games, wow--where do I start. I played WoW from 2005-2011. XD I jus' let my account expire a month ago, but I must say-- EverQuest. I know, I know.... I had to quit cold turkey after a year, because I realized I'd never get enough, or relent either! Korean grind-fests are definitely my favorite. I need a constant challenge! ^^ I still feel pangs of longing for EQ everyday. ;_;

Last edited:

Raziel

Minstrel
My three favorite would have to be

Final Fantasy VII
Dark Cloud 2
And, a recent favorite, Fallout 3

These games have brought out the awe and wonder of my imagination the most I would say. Each one of them brought something new to the experience of story, world, and gameplay. There are so many good ones out there to choose from but if I have to chose three this would have to suffice.