• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!
MV5BOTM3MTRkZjQtYjBkMy00YWE1LTkxOTQtNDQyNGY0YjYzNzAzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTgwMzk1MTA@._V1_.jpg

We all know this is the most authentic version of Batman.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Why on earth would you not respect the Christian Bale batman? And even if you don't for whatever awfully wrong reason, you still have the Heath Ledger joker beneath him agreeing with Bale's truth.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Why on earth would you not respect the Christian Bale batman?
Is that a trick question?

Weak chin, weak batman, does not fill out the suit. Chin down...gruff voice...guess that makes me batman. Weak.

Joker was the best part of all three movies, but all three movies did not even make my buy list.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
No. What are your reasons? Bale's batman is menacing and physically imposing and his Bruce Wayne is perhaps my favourite incarnation across Batman film history. He comes across as the likable playboy alter ego I want of a Bruce Wayne.

Alright I see you added some reasons. I don't think they're convincing detractors. Sure, the voice can be overbearing, but... so? As for weak, take any image of Christian Bale as batman and tell me there is a weak muscle in his body. Nonsense.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
All the animated stuff that had Kevin Conroy, gets the win from me.

Adam West is my fav Batman. I think Afleck looked best in the suit...but afleck was given a more, deliver humorous lines batman to portray. Thats not batman.

Most batman movies have not won me over. Bale was the weakest, I thought.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I haven't yet seen the newest Batman film, but I am glad Patterson outright refused to play the Hollywood action movie game and ingest poison into himself like others have had to. I don't for a minute believe either Bale or Affleck gained their physiques for the role without using steroids. Not because they are obscenely big, but I feel that their turn-arounds were far too fast to permit the growth they both had. I'd personally much rather have a batman who doesn't fill out his suit.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Patterson batman was a very anti-batman story. He was more detective batman, and not thug batman. I was not won over.

Batmen is the problem is not respecting the material.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I thought Batman was supposed to be the world's greatest detective in the comics.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
For me...that movie was a fail.

Batman never actually figured it out, and in the end, he was the cause, not the fix to the problems. It was kind of a whole movie to show that Batman need a lesson in how to be a real superhero.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
No spoilers,

You will probably watch the movie and disagree. A lot of other people do.

One scene that had me go complete BS. I never want that in a story.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
We'll see. I started engaging with Batman stuff via the movies, followed by the games. Comics-wise I was an Asterix and Obelix kid, not a superheroes fellow, so perhaps that factors into it. Still not into superheroes, but Batman gets an exception for being Batman.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
When you see. You come tell me I was wrong ;)

Pengiun was good in the movie, but the animated one is still better. And all of the 60's cast matched the part.

Reactions: Ban

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Honestly, Kevin Conroy not doing batman hurts. Its gonna be a while before they find one as good.

Peter Weller did the voice, and I think he may be the one I think is the worst.

There are also some new Batman animated ones, but all the ones without Conroy suck. I have low expectations for the new ones.

Skip Patterson, and watch all the movies with Conroy doing the voice.