• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Mr. M. L.

Troubadour
It's currently 84 where I'm at right now. They're predicting mid 90's at the end of the week though sadly, but I don't think it's supposed to last longer than the weekend.

BearBear

Archmage
I'm too close to the coast to be that hot without an easterly wind or southern tropical moisture. In October the chances of 80's decrease a lot. But go 10 miles inland and it could be 100.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well, I am close'ish to the coast (the east one) and its about 80 at the highs.

Seems some of the insects have figured out it is getting colder...they hang around the door and try to sneak in.

But...I never really cared what the weather is. Rain, Snow, hot or cold, still have to do what I have to do.

Which, right now, is pointing out that you all still lose.

Mr. M. L.

Troubadour
Okay, serious question. I'm planning on buying a Subaru this month and am looking at deciding between a Crosstreck, Outback, and Forester, any advice, comments, likes, or dislikes on any of these models?

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I bought the daughter a Subaru Imprezza which she loved til she wrecked it. Otherwise, no opinion.

Has anyone seen this AI trailer for a LOTR movie? I would actually love to see this!

rawImage.jpg

BearBear

Archmage
Those AI things are getting so good!

The only issue with Subaru is the reliability wrt fit and finish stuff. Like forgetting to install a window channel or the bumper falls off. Otherwise they're ok. Get the AWD that is actually AWD and not the viscus coupler one.

Also unfortunately the hybrid batteries are continuing to be a point of failure that the warranty skirts out of and so you're stuck with a large bill every 5-7 years.

Autumn Ren

Acolyte
Oh a game I can finally win! That just gave me an idea: what if there was a silly game right in the middle of a slaver's den that the slaves are playing. I got an image of a circle of dirty and bruised slaves throwing bones or cheering on someone dancing on tiptoes on over rocks. I have to incorporate that somehow.

Do any of you ever get images like visions for your writing?

BearBear

Archmage
What are we getting carried away with? Dark fantasy and slavery go hand in hand. I think I've seen that kind of trope but like the jews playing hopscotch in the middle of Schindler's list. Like a mind twist I like the idea. It's like, it doesn't matter how awful your situation is life goes on.

Visions do you mean like channeling a vision? I can't say that but the words are definitely coming from nowhere obvious to be and they often surprise me.

Also I win

BearBear

Archmage
I'm going to try that. Look at you, getting time winning while I didn't notice.

Just so you know, there are many ways to win.

Last post
Longest last post
Longest integrated last posts
Number of last posts
Most first and last on a block of 10? (Got to give the dragon something ig)

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Ranking of the ten best cuisines in the world:

1. Greek
2. Turkish
3. Italian
4. Levantine
5. German (+Austrian)
6. Mexican
7. French
8. Japanese
9. Indonesian
10. Portuguese
(Bonus: Glorious Limburgish)

I think we can all agree on this list.

Uh oh…

1. French
2. British
3. Spanish
4. American
5. Japanese
6. Middle Eastern
7. Italian
8. Scandinavian
9. Greek
10. South East Asian (Vietnamese and Cambodian)

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I agree with both....

I am not sure what my list would look like. Who invented Steak n Cheese? That goes on top ;)

And no weird potato chip flavors please.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Not an awful list Finch, though I have to wonder who in their right mind includes American but not Mexican or German cuisine. That's like saying "yes I like dairy and meat but only sometimes." I could understand including all three or two of the three, though perhaps I am thinking of different dishes than you. I did struggle between Portuguese and Spanish, but port and pastel de nata trumps paella.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I agree with both....

I am not sure what my list would look like. Who invented Steak n Cheese? That goes on top ;)

And no weird potato chip flavors please.
I believe that would the Sovereign Principality of Philadelphia. An ancient city-state.