• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

BearBear

Archmage
Sorry I don't believe in curses, but the next one to post will come into a large sum of money, but it'll get to their head and turn them into a jerk which will inevitably cause them great distress but eventually they'll learn the error of their ways and after a long depression they'll have a cathartic break and become a genuinely nice and generous person who has lots of deep meaningful friendships.

LieutenantWolf34

Troubadour
Sorry I don't believe in curses, but the next one to post will come into a large sum of money, but it'll get to their head and turn them into a jerk which will inevitably cause them great distress but eventually they'll learn the error of their ways and after a long depression they'll have a cathartic break and become a genuinely nice and generous person who has lots of deep meaningful friendships.
Sounds good to me give me the money.

BearBear

Archmage
I gladly will.

So Lt. Wolf of the 34th regiment, I heard you might be a practitioner of dark arts. Since I have irl plot armor it seems, I was interested in utilizing certain "alternative practices" to foster certain ends. Do you have references as to where a simple Bear might start in his descent into the madness of such things?

LieutenantWolf34

Troubadour
So Lt. Wolf of the 34th regiment, I heard you might be a practitioner of dark arts. Since I have irl plot armor it seems, I was interested in utilizing certain "alternative practices" to foster certain ends. Do you have references as to where a simple Bear might start in his descent into the madness of such things?
There be an alleyway in the city of Ironis where there is a door marked with the crude carving of a crow. Knock nine times and bow and you will be let in. There you will find the knowledge you seek. Good luck to you and may the dark gods be with you.

BearBear

Archmage
There be an alleyway in the city of Ironis where there is a door marked with the crude carving of a crow. Knock nine times and bow and you will be let in. There you will find the knowledge you seek. Good luck to you and may the dark gods be with you.

I figured it wouldn't be easy.

I have a theory I made up this morning:

That world changing magicks don't actually affect the world, rather you use them to change your location in the multiverse to a world where this affect is natural.

ebeedfdcc5496497ae4cf6bf8fcc396a.jpg

I'm looking to use something like this to make specific changes to my location.

Through limited research that can't be relied on, I have gleaned certain rules:

1. Any single jump can only be miniscule or the phase of your material signature may be unstable in the new location. (Phase)

2. Time must be allowed for stabilization, so even many small jumps can't be done in fast succession. (Stabilization)

3. A deep connection to intuitive knowledge must be maintained to fully understand the differences as even the new location you travel to has by definition a version of you there that you will then occupy. So local material memories will not be affected. Which means memories of your old world will have to be intuitively gained. (Extra-local knowledge)

4. The new location must be of the subset of your higher influence. So you couldn't necessarily jump to certain locations that "you" already don't exist. (Sphere of influence)

These rules may not be exhaustive.

It is somewhat predicated on the notion that you (the higher self) in this model is a multidimensional being so you are actually already living in the world you are attempting to jump to, so the only thing that makes sense is a shift or switch rather than a jump, where the local you (lower self of this specific instance) will switch or shift along with one or more (or all) other lower selves.

I believe I've already experienced such shifts, and I studied this possibility but there wasn't enough information available to corroborate the notion. However, through other methods I may have a unique perspective to affect a jump in this way.

Otherwise I'm fine with where I am, but I figured it would be fun.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
That's okay, not everyone here is actively writing.

I like bears suggestion though. Maybe if everyone did that long enough, they might find a place where they can win too.