• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Howdy All!

DavidP

Dreamer
Howdy all! I was pointed at this super site by a pal so I thought I would come on over and take a look.

I am a published author, and have another book in progress. My published genres are not fantasy storytelling, but who knows what the future holds?

Nice to meet y'all. :)

F

Falunel

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your foray into fantasy. :) Out of curiosity, what genre are your published works in?

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hey David!

It's great having you here. I take it that you're a Doctor Who fan? How are you liking the new episodes with Matt Smith?

DavidP

Dreamer
I take it that you're a Doctor Who fan? How are you liking the new episodes with Matt Smith?

To be honest, I preferred David Tennant. I don't think Matt Smith has really embraced the role like he could have done. Amy is a step up though eh?

For the curious, our best-selling one is >>here<<, which as I said, has little to do with this genre. Although that said, some of the fellows who enter that pursuit have ideas that can only be described as fantasy.

The one in progress can be described as a kind of workshop manual. I wont say on what subject at this stage in case someone blags the idea and beats me to press.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say I'm a Doctor Who die-hard, but I've watched a few episodes and I tend to agree with you David, I preferred David Tennant to Matt Smith. Nice to finally find someone who doesn't think he walks on water. Welcome to the forums!

Howdy! I say that a lot here in Alabama and people look at me funny (but then again - people look at me funny anyway - could be because I may talk to myself a bit - but I'm working out dialogue scenes, so what can you say). So it's nice to meet someone else who says it! Welcome to the forums.

DavidP

Dreamer
I wouldn't say I'm a Doctor Who die-hard, but I've watched a few episodes and I tend to agree with you David, I preferred David Tennant to Matt Smith. Nice to finally find someone who doesn't think he walks on water. Welcome to the forums!

I used to watch it as a kid back with Tom Baker. I later rediscovered it again around the time David Tennant arrived. I introduced my six year old son to it as an alternative to Horrid Henry and he is now a huge Doctor Who fan....

What Matt Smith lacks, Karen Gillan more than makes up for. Yum!