• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Jedi vs Wizards and Witches from Harry Potter!!

Jedi vs Wizards and Witches??

• Jedi

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Wizards and Witches

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As much as I love Star Wars, I think my money is on the team that can fly, teleport over very large distances, turn invisible, summon unquenchable fire-storms, turn people into ermines by waving a stick at them, and have access to an unblockable instant death spell.

Mindfire

Istar
Is this thread still going? And I'm not sure we can assume that it's unblockable. It's only unblockable within the HP universe, so the possibility remains that it could be deflected by a lightsaber or with force deflection. That's kinda like saying that Rand al'Thor would beat *insert wizard* because he has balefire, except the effects of balefire on something/someone that doesn't belong to the Pattern are unknown, and it would probably just not work. As for the rest, the Jedi have fought invisible enemies before, and part of their training teaches them specifically to trust the force and their instincts over their eyesight. The Jedi have also faced flying enemies before, as jetpacks are fairly common in their universe, as are flying battle droids. Fiendfyre may be unquenchable in-universe, but I'm not convinced it couldn't be repelled by the Force. Teleportation and transformation spells aren't quite like anything the Jedi have seen, so the novelty is an advantage, but the Jedi adapt quickly, plus battle precognition will mitigate the wizards' surprise advantage. Also, the Jedi have starships. If something as simple as a muggle mp3 player is incomprehensible to the wizards, how will they deal with starships and fighters? If all else fails, nuke it from orbit. Game over. And as if all that wasn't enough, the wizards have one crippling weakness: most of them rely on wands to use magic at all. All a Jedi has to do is force grip the wand and snap it in half. Nothing against the HP universe, but you're trying to pit aristocrats, scholars, and students against a trained military force with access to superior technology.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Yeah, this thread was dead and buried but Mizore just brought it back to life!!

According to the Wookiepedia, this Force Precognition power works by sensing the flows of the Force. That means that it is directly connected to the way that the Star Wars universe works, and it may not work as well when facing enemies from other universes who exist independently of the Force =)

This happened to the Jedi when they met the creatures called Yuuzhan Vong, from a different galaxy, right??

The Wizards would still be vulnerable to the other Force attacks, but the precognition would not work or may work in the wrong way... and hey, no starships, fighters or anything else: The Jedi have the lightsabers just like the Wizards have their wands and broomsticks, that should be enough =)

I know that the Jedi can adapt and come up with new battle techniques, but the Wizards can adapt too and the HP universe Magic is very versatile. Who knows, they could create a new spell to remove the midichlorians from the Jedi's bodies!!

Mindfire

Istar
Where the heck is the battlefield anyway? Battlefield location is super important in any military engagement. And midi-chlorians don't create the force. They were only used to measure force sensitivity.

Last edited:

Mizore

Dreamer
As much as I love Star Wars, I think my money is on the team that can fly, teleport over very large distances, turn invisible, summon unquenchable fire-storms, turn people into ermines by waving a stick at them, and have access to an unblockable instant death spell.

We also have to note that the Jedi of the films are much weaker than the Jedi of the comics, because if we take the Jedi of the comics, then these Jedi are able to fly, teleport, become invisible, and many more things as versatile as the magic. So I think the Jedi from the movies lose against witches and wizards from HP, but the Jedi of the comics defeat these witches and wizards.

According to the Wookiepedia, this Force Precognition power works by sensing the flows of the Force. That means that it is directly connected to the way that the Star Wars universe works, and it may not work as well when facing enemies from other universes who exist independently of the Force =)

This happened to the Jedi when they met the creatures called Yuuzhan Vong, from a different galaxy, right??

The Wizards would still be vulnerable to the other Force attacks, but the precognition would not work or may work in the wrong way... and hey, no starships, fighters or anything else: The Jedi have the lightsabers just like the Wizards have their wands and broomsticks, that should be enough =)

I know that the Jedi can adapt and come up with new battle techniques, but the Wizards can adapt too and the HP universe Magic is very versatile. Who knows, they could create a new spell to remove the midichlorians from the Jedi's bodies!!

If the Yuuzhan Vong are immune to the Force, is because they have been created specifically for this purpose. As witches and wizards are still human, we cannot assume they are out of the Force and are immune to it. I also find it inconsistent that the Yuuzhan Vong ca not be anticipated by combat precognition because combat precognition only depends on the objetive is in the future and that he or she has no combat precognition, regardless of whether the objetive is in the Force.

Finally if we say that witches and wizards can create a new spell to remove midichlorians from the Jedi's bodies, then the Jedi will develop a new Force power to protect themselves from this spell, because the force also can be used for all because it lack of inherent limits.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
@Mindfire: I guess the battle would take place in some forest in Middle-Earth, perhaps caused by the Hobbits just to see which side is more powerful while Gandalf decides to stay out of it =)

@Mizore: Well, even though it's fun to discuss this, I do not find much more to say about the battle.

I am sure that both sides would be dangerous to the other, and there would be a good fight with great destruction caused to the surroundings. I like the Jedi and Star Wars, but I support the Wizards because I am totally in love with Magic... and especially with the style of Magic described in Harry Potter.

You have a cool avatar!!

Mindfire

Istar
@Mindfire: I guess the battle would take place in some forest in Middle-Earth, perhaps caused by the Hobbits just to see which side is more powerful while Gandalf decides to stay out of it =)

Nah, Hobbits wouldn't do that. But the Dwarves totally would. xD