• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Jedi vs Wizards and Witches from Harry Potter!!

Jedi vs Wizards and Witches??

• Jedi

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Wizards and Witches

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
With a total Wizarding population somewhere in the millions, armies of tens of thousands of Aurors are plausible.

Sure that the Wizards and Witches would open strong and hold the upper hand at first, which is enough to win the single battle that this thread is about =)

Mindfire

Istar
With a total Wizarding population somewhere in the millions, armies of tens of thousands of Aurors are plausible.

Sure that the Wizards and Witches would open strong and hold the upper hand at first, which is enough to win the single battle that this thread is about =)

Um... single battles can go on for days, and I'm pretty sure this one could last for at least a week.

Jedi would win. Again you're dealing with a universe in which force-users can lay waste to entire planets. So assuming we're talking about the most powerful individuals in the lore of either side, the Potter wizards and witches would get their butts kicked.

It depends on the circumstances, though. Just because Jedi A can lay waste to a whole planet doesn't mean a wizard couldn't turn him into a newt in a fraction of a second first. The giant planet-destroying Force Storms and such are depicted as events taking a relatively long time: minutes, hours. Avada Kedavra can kill you in less than a second.

Mindfire

Istar
It depends on the circumstances, though. Just because Jedi A can lay waste to a whole planet doesn't mean a wizard couldn't turn him into a newt in a fraction of a second first. The giant planet-destroying Force Storms and such are depicted as events taking a relatively long time: minutes, hours. Avada Kedavra can kill you in less than a second.

This is true. Which is why I think a Jedi victory is not going to depend on some grand application of raw force power. In a situation like this, those abilities are moot unless you have the required prep time. I think rather a Jedi victory is going to depend on their ingenuity, adaptability, top notch training, and versatile skill set.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Thanks, Benjamin!! It seems that we have already presented a good description of the Wizarding powers and skills, and given proof as well that they are dangerous, worthy opponents even for the Jedi Knights. Too bad that nobody else has voted for the Wizards and Witches, but I am very happy with this thread anyway =)

Well, just as I promised now I present the secret weapon that the Wizards bring to the battle... Are you ready? Now behold... the absolutely lethal Fleur Isabelle Delacour!!

The scenario is like this:

Fleur apparates in the forest where she meets the enemy, and then all the male Jedi see her, go crazy for her and start arguing with each other to be the first to ask Fleur on a date!! Meanwhile, the female Jedi are getting furious and jealous because she's so beautiful and men simply fall at her feet- They are thinking of a thousand different ways to kill Fleur, every one of them more painful than the other...

The Jedi are distracted, then the rest of the Wizards and Witches attack by surprise and the battle is over in about twenty seconds! XD!!

Now, the Jedi never saw that one coming...

Mindfire

Istar
Thanks, Benjamin!! It seems that we have already presented a good description of the Wizarding powers and skills, and given proof as well that they are dangerous, worthy opponents even for the Jedi Knights. Too bad that nobody else has voted for the Wizards and Witches, but I am very happy with this thread anyway =)

Well, just as I promised now I present the secret weapon that the Wizards bring to the battle... Are you ready? Now behold... the absolutely lethal Fleur Isabelle Delacour!!

The scenario is like this:

Fleur apparates in the forest where she meets the enemy, and then all the male Jedi see her, go crazy for her and start arguing with each other to be the first to ask Fleur on a date!! Meanwhile, the female Jedi are getting furious and jealous because she's so beautiful and men simply fall at her feet- They are thinking of a thousand different ways to kill Fleur, every one of them more painful than the other...

The Jedi are distracted, then the rest of the Wizards and Witches attack by surprise and the battle is over in about twenty seconds! XD!!

Now, the Jedi never saw that one coming...

But... Jedi reject attachment and romantic love. Some even forego basic sexual attraction. And jealousy is pretty much the antithesis of Jedi philosophy and training. That trick would work on a Sith- EASILY in fact, but a Jedi? I have my doubts.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
One enterprising Jedi retains her wits and does a mind trick on Fleur, making her believe that she is garbed in a decidedly unfashionable polyester pantsuit. Shrieking in terror at the fashion faux paus, Fleur dashes from the clearing. This snaps all of the crazed Jedi out of their delirium just time to signal the battalion of clone troopers shielded in the forest. The wizards and witches enter the clearing to find Fleur gone, the Jedi facing them. And, unbeknownst to them, a the force of clone troopers is drawing the circle closed. They wizards are like a piece of fragile glass caught between a hammer and anvil :)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Sure, but Fleur's attraction skills are fueled by her Veela Magic and it's difficult to fight it off: The Jedi could become immune to her after a few minutes, which still gives enough time for the rest of the Wizarding forces to attack by surprise and win!! =)

This was kind of a joke, really, but it would be fun to see it...

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Whaaat?!! Now the Jedi need the help of their Clone Troopers to defeat the Wizards?

Mindfire

Istar
One enterprising Jedi retains her wits and does a mind trick on Fleur, making her believe that she is garbed in a decidedly unfashionable polyester pantsuit. Shrieking in terror at the fashion faux paus, Fleur dashes from the clearing. This snaps all of the crazed Jedi out of their delirium just time to signal the battalion of clone troopers shielded in the forest. The wizards and witches enter the clearing to find Fleur gone, the Jedi facing them. And, unbeknownst to them, a the force of clone troopers is drawing the circle closed. They wizards are like a piece of fragile glass caught between a hammer and anvil :)

O.O

Um... Steerpike, I think you're taking this just a little too seriously... And adding clone troopers is cheating. xD

How about we stick to the days of the Old Republic, BEFORE the clones were made.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
You know friends, I wonder why these fanfictional encounters between different universes always end up with both sides beating up each other to death... Why is that? Why can't they be friends instead of fighting??

I just imagined Anakin flying in a broom and drinking wine with Bill while Fleur, curious to see how it works, takes Anakin's Lightsaber and starts to de-gnomize the garden of Shell Cottage with it =)

I should write a fanfic like that!!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Whaaat?!! Now the Jedi need the help of their Clone Troopers to defeat the Wizards?

Nah...they don't need them. It's just that they were going to beat the wizards so easily it was more like a training exercise to the Jedi, so they figured they might as well bring the troopers along for practice :)

Of course, the flaw in your diabolical plan is that it relies on both male and female Jedi all losing control of their emotions, which is something they are trained against :D

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
This battle would be epic anyway, I should write a fanfiction about Anakin and other Jedi travelling via wormhole to the Harry Potter planet... then, they find themselves in the middle of the final battle at Hogwarts surrounded by dementors and giants, and they have to join the defenders of the castle after meeting Fleur and Bill.

Well, the poll is already won by the Jedi... but it was fun anyway =)

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Yeah it is all fun and leads to interesting discussions. The winners of the poll don't matter so much :)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
According to Ginny in the Chapter Out of the Fire from book five, there exists a magical weapon called Garroting Gas which is supposed to be invisible, remain in contaminated places and also it's rapidly lethal when you are exposed to it!! Now, how about that for our fanfictional battle?

The Jedi could be surprised by suddenly finding themselves inside a cloud of invisible deadly gas...

Please vote for the Wizards =)

Mizore

Dreamer
In a first encounter some Jedi could die because they would find themselves with unprecedented powers, but in the end the Jedi would win, because the wizards and witches only have magic are just not very military oriented, while the Jedi have the Force, lightsabers and more militarily oriented.

Force can be used for virtually everything, so that a Jedi could predict the behavior of the witch by combat precognition, may reject the blasting curses through telekinesis, and could find the weak point of the witch with the power to breaking point, taking the sorcerer's wand by telekinesis. We also noticed that witches tend to sit still while casting their spells, but the Jedi have extraordinary athleticism, so that by his superior speed, reflexes and acrobatic maneuvers winning the Jedi.

Last edited:

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Well, let's see if this ancient thread can come back to life =)

1- The Wizards have Occlumency to counter the Jedi's precognition and mind control powers.

2- The Force Telekinesis can be countered by the "invisible, irresistible force" that the Wizards can project and use for various effects.

3- During the battles portrayed in the books, the Wizards were maneuvering and running, not standing still.

I still believe that Jedi and Wizards would be dangerous to each other, and the battle could be decided either way depending on the variable circumstances...

By the way, welcome to Mythic Scribes!!

Mizore

Dreamer
1- The Wizards have Occlumency to counter the Jedi's precognition and mind control powers.

2- The Force Telekinesis can be countered by the "invisible, irresistible force" that the Wizards can project and use for various effects.

3- During the battles portrayed in the books, the Wizards were maneuvering and running, not standing still.

I still believe that Jedi and Wizards would be dangerous to each other, and the battle could be decided either way depending on the variable circumstances...

By the way, welcome to Mythic Scribes!!

1- The Occlumency can only serve to prevent someone scan your mind, so that could prevent telepathic intrusion, but the combat precognition works in a very different, because the combat precognition refers not to the mind of the enemy, but to what the enemy will do in the near future, so the only way to defend against combat precognition is that the enemy also has this ability and the two abilities are canceled mutually, as happens in duels jedi vs sith. So the Jedi can predict the future behavior of the witches and the wizards.

2- The invisible force of the witches and the wizards will be irresistible in the world of Harry Potter, but it is unfair to assume that a crossover is also an irresistible force.

3- While it is true, Jedi far exceed to the witches and the wizards in agility, speed and reflexes, while the Jedi could reach short distances with the enemies without the witches and the wizards know what happened.

Also thanks for the welcome!