• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Vampires from Twilight vs Wizards and Witches from Harry Potter!!

Vampires from Twilight vs Wizards and Witches from Harry Potter?

• Vampires

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Wizards and Witches

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
All that sounds great, maybe we should start a White Wolf vs something else thread =)

Just one of my Mages could be flying on her crystal across the stratosphere seventy miles above the surface of the planet, some Mach 70 speed- and then, while flying over Germany, she would throw a laser-like beam of silvery "light" that would hit Hogwarts instantly and blast out of reality everything within a two mile radius.

However, it's the Twilight vampires that must attack a well-defended Hogwarts in this fanfictional battle, not some other kind of powerful Magic =)

Ophiucha

Auror
But that's the thing. Twilight vampires are way overpowered compared to most vampires. They are boring as hell because they are invincible. They can't be killed in the sunlight. Stake through the heart? Ain't cutting it. Beheading? Only if you burn the head afterwards. The Twilight vampires, by merit of being a bunch of Mary Sues, are literally indestructible. Their skin is made of diamonds - making them functionally immune to a spell like Sectumsempra. It is stated in the fourth book, when Bella is giving birth, that nothing can cut through it except the fangs of a vampire, since Edward has to literally eat his way into Bella's womb (which has become vampiric by hosting a vampire baby).

While an infinitely worse series, and absolutely dreadful vampires, I think if we take each at face value, the simple fact that Twilight is terribly written means it has to win, because nothing can kill a Mary Sue. Harry Potter is too well developed and thought out. Everything has a flaw, or a weakness. The Twilight vampires simply don't.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I recall that Stephenie Meyer once said in an interview that the only way for a human to kill one of her vampires, would be by using a rocket or missile launcher... and even then the vampire would have to cooperate by staying still and letting the missile score a direct hit.

This means that a powerful explosion like that of a missile (or a blasting curse capable of blowing a huge hole in a castle's walls!!) would indeed be effective to break a vampire into pieces =)

I agree that Twilight vampires are all Mary Sue's and the entire series is a Mary Sue universe, anyway...

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I recall that Stephenie Meyer once said in an interview that the only way for a human to kill one of her vampires, would be by using a rocket or missile launcher... and even then the vampire would have to cooperate by staying still and letting the missile score a direct hit.

They can hit a bullet with another bullet, so I don't think she maybe knows what she's talking about.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I hope one day I can get away with ill-researched facts, completely implausible concepts, and inconsistencies that leave even my fans' jaws hanging open in WTF?!?

That's it, I'm switching focus. I no longer write romantic fantasy for intelligent strong women, I'm writing fashion advice and gossip under the guise of urban fantasy and shooting for the 12-17 year old market but making it just trashy enough that the moms will love it too.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
@Devor: You are right, I see no way that some Twilight vampires running through a forest could escape from a cluster or a phosphorus bomb dropped by an F-18 or something... so that would be another way for a human to kill them!!

If anyone feels curious, this is a fanfiction of mine about the Twilight vampires losing a war against high-technology humans in the distant future:

Vengeance.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Personally, I don't have a problem with Twilight, though it wasn't my cup of tea and I wasn't inspired to read the rest of the series. I did think The Host was better. Meyer did a nice job of engaging readers and getting young people who weren't otherwise reading much to realize the potential of losing oneself in a book.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I am not really against Twilight either Steerpike, the first book was enjoyable for me even though it did not hook me enough to read the rest of the series... I have enjoyed the movies though, especially because of the forests, the soundtracks and really how twisted and mentally screwed the story and the characters are =)

My point with this thread is that these vampires, even though they qualify as dangerous monsters, would really stand no chance in hell against Magic.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
This is looking great, go Wizards and Witches!!!

Who agrees that the vampires could be transformed into glass, bricks, ice statues or something like that before they can even reach the castle??

Maybe if they get attacked with fire spells, the vampires would not dare to get any closer =)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
The Death Match Poll is closed now, and the Wizards and Witches have claimed victory with 13 votes vs 2! XD!!

These are the results of the battle at Hogwarts Castle:

Vampire Casualties-
1- 356 vampires burned to ashes by fire spells.
2- 279 vampires blown to pieces by blasting curses, fragments burned later.
3- 173 vampires transfigured into glass statues.
4- 78 vampires captured.

5- Aro killed.
6- Jane killed.
7- Half of the Volturi guard killed.
8- Emmet Cullen killed.
9- Edward Cullen dumped Bella to go after Fleur =)

The rest managed to escape.

Wizarding Casualties-
1- 23 6th year students killed.
2- 15 7th year students killed.
3- 20 more students at the hospital wing.

4- Professor Sprout killed.
5- Neville Longbottom killed.
6- 10 Aurors killed.
7- 5 Aurors at the hospital wing.
8- Molly Weasley killed.

9- McGonagall has a broken leg =)

I think that it was a great battle...