• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2023 Wordcounts

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Chapter four finished out at 2800 words - double the anticipated length. But it does give me 13,300 words total.

Chapter five - the alien Lovecraftian steampunk city...well, getting there might be most of the battle.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
About six hundred words into Chapter five, mostly laying out part of a grim situation for the aliens (who are not nice people at all).

1066 words today, but they did not flow. Might write some more later when inspiration inevitably hits but not putting the pressure on myself.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
My Nanopalooza has suffered with my body aches and organizing and cleaning up chapters... not a true Nano anyhow, but managed 10,561 so far.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
It turned into a bit of a slog, but I finished Chapter five. Some of what I'd intended for that chapter will have to be moved to another one. Anyhow, 2560 words, bringing the official tally up to 15,860.

Next up, what should be a short but essential chapter involving a bit of failed diplomacy.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Real world calamities beset me today, not all of them resolved. Hence, today's efforts were scattered. Still...

Chapter six is done with just under 1800 words, and I put some sloppy patches on plot holes in a couple of other chapters, so call it 2000 words total for today. Grand total of 17,860. But it is getting rougher...

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
So of course, I got sick, but even without making actual pages I was able to make a lot of notes and a lot of bits and pieces to plug in later. No idea how many words, but enough.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
The assorted real-world calamities continued today, though a couple achieved partial and temporary resolution. (I do wonder about the giant literal wooden 'sword of Damocles' though).

Still, I am now a thousand words into Chapter seven, the second Carina chapter. This is shaping up to be a long one; might not finish it and add it to the formal NaNo word count for a day or three.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
About 550 words. It's a slow-moving train, but it's back on track.