• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2023 Wordcounts

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Had a false start (and I had to snow blow the driveway again,) but Chapter nine is done at 3660 words, bringing the official tally to 31020.

Have to resolve some more outlining issues before proceeding - specifically, I have to incorporate Sir Curtis DuFloret, who was a POV character left in dire straits towards the end of Book 2. He's appeared in other characters POV's since then, but he needs POV chapters of his own.

Reactions: Ban

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
This snow talk is beginning to disturb me. We've been really mild and don't want that to end, heh heh.
Had a false start (and I had to snow blow the driveway again,) but Chapter nine is done at 3660 words, bringing the official tally to 31020.

Have to resolve some more outlining issues before proceeding - specifically, I have to incorporate Sir Curtis DuFloret, who was a POV character left in dire straits towards the end of Book 2. He's appeared in other characters POV's since then, but he needs POV chapters of his own.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Two blizzards this week - the first a wet, heavy dump, the second six inches of fluff. It is annoying, but I am more concerned about the 'Cudgel of Damocles,' a tree blown over in a windstorm last week. It would have hit the roof, but was halted in its downward descent, but was halted (for now) by 'Twiggy,' a very thin birch. At this point, the whole arrangement is too unsafe to do anything about - but the Cudgel drops a bit closer to the roof with each passing day. Best case is a 'soft landing.'

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Fun! I had a tree land on my little tractor during a windstorm last year and it took a while to sit around thinking... where the hell is that tractor so I can move that tree? Oh! Shit! Chainsaws are decent exercise anyhow.

Good luck to you and Twiggy.
Two blizzards this week - the first a wet, heavy dump, the second six inches of fluff. It is annoying, but I am more concerned about the 'Cudgel of Damocles,' a tree blown over in a windstorm last week. It would have hit the roof, but was halted in its downward descent, but was halted (for now) by 'Twiggy,' a very thin birch. At this point, the whole arrangement is too unsafe to do anything about - but the Cudgel drops a bit closer to the roof with each passing day. Best case is a 'soft landing.'

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
And the first 'Curtis' chapter is done, though it be a mere 920 words. Moved it into the chapter 3 slot.

Total word count is 31940.

I'll get started on the second 'Curtis' chapter (likely Chapter 11) when I decide to get up and get moving.

Hopefully, I can keep up enough momentum to avoid getting bogged down in the 'muddy middle.'

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Well, now our van won't start - after just getting out of the shop for something else - but I'm up 1061 words!

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I'm still writing, but at a far slower pace than you all. Still, I'm nearing the midpoint of the current novella, which I reckon will be 4/5th of the full work.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
It's a 2009 Crysler Town and Country.

Also, very much recommend a minivan for going to cons. You haul around way much more than you think you will ad they are lifesavers.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
It's a 2009 Crysler Town and Country.

Also, very much recommend a minivan for going to cons. You haul around way much more than you think you will ad they are lifesavers.
Try starting it in neutral anyhow, especially if you have had transmission issues. (neutral switch). Other possible causes are battery, battery cable, starter, and solenoid.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Try starting it in neutral anyhow, especially if you have had transmission issues. (neutral switch). Other possible causes are battery, battery cable, starter, and solenoid.
It could also be the fuel injector. Poor thing's old and I think it has mice. I didn't even know that could happen before this van. Now I'm soaking cotton balls in peppermint oil and throwing them inside my console and anywhere else I can reach.

Note: There are four cats on the property, three are mine, two sleep on the bloody van. And mice. >.<

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Chapter eleven - the second Curtis chapter - concluded earlier than expected - but still hit 2800 words, making for a new grand official tally of 34740. Much of it is ambiguous dialogue between people who don't trust each other. Moving ahead from here...I think I am looking at three or four short chapters - Git-Vik (the alien), Chimp (imperial army officer), Carina (fugitive sorceress), and Bao (exiled princess and envoy). Probably around 1000-1200 words each. Only two of these chapters were in the original outline.

As to cats and mice.... three cats here, and a family of mice that chewed through a wire in the wall. The one cat staked them out for weeks, caught two...then gave up. The others couldn't be bothered. Had to resort to sticky traps.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
As to cats and mice.... three cats here, and a family of mice that chewed through a wire in the wall. The one cat staked them out for weeks, caught two...then gave up. The others couldn't be bothered. Had to resort to sticky traps.
I like the kind that can be rinsed, so you can take the little idiots far away and then release them. I've seen them used once. My parents had what can only be described as an honest to little green apples, real life rouse. It became the kitchen cryptid. I was staying with them overnight helping with something - I don't remember what, there were a lot of somethings then - and I stepped walked into the kitchen, and there it was, sitting next to the refrigerator, looking right back at me like, "S'up?" It was HUGE. It had the sweet little mouse face and the little round ears, but the size of a New York City rat. My sister, who actually lived in the house and took care of our parents, used a sticky trap to catch the cheeky little abomination and took it away.

Also, 556 words for yesterday. Sort of. I went back and added a ton of stuff and forgot to count it, so now I'm both behind and lost. >.<

1764 so far today. If I can get that number over the 2000 word mark then I’ll be happy and back on track. I’m nearing 60% of the way through just need to keep ploughing ahead.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Mousezilla is better than the Roachzilla I smashed with a shoe. It played dead, then ran off. At least Mousezilla is cute.

I puttered over the weekend, doing more organization and editing than fresh work. I stood staring at a story crossroads and lost all my mojo, heh heh.

I like the kind that can be rinsed, so you can take the little idiots far away and then release them. I've seen them used once. My parents had what can only be described as an honest to little green apples, real life rouse. It became the kitchen cryptid. I was staying with them overnight helping with something - I don't remember what, there were a lot of somethings then - and I stepped walked into the kitchen, and there it was, sitting next to the refrigerator, looking right back at me like, "S'up?" It was HUGE. It had the sweet little mouse face and the little round ears, but the size of a New York City rat. My sister, who actually lived in the house and took care of our parents, used a sticky trap to catch the cheeky little abomination and took it away.

Also, 556 words for yesterday. Sort of. I went back and added a ton of stuff and forgot to count it, so now I'm both behind and lost. >.<