• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
My last paragraph after hitting the 50,000 mark tonight was this:

"I can't. I have a mummy horde with me."

And with that, I "won" NaNoWriMo for the fourth year running. I must say, it is becoming easier and easier every year. It's always an uphill climb, but I think the main thing for me is just having the discipline to sit down every day for an hour or two and just pound it out. And so far I think I have a pretty decent 1st draft. Lots of glaring errors, disconnected plot lines, and boring presentation, but other than that, it's fixable. So I'm pretty excited to see where the next 30 or 40 thousand words take me to finish the thing for good.

I'm going to start a thread discussion NaNoWriMo triumphs and failures. I think it would be a fun place to share what worked and what didn't work for you this year.

Anyway, thanks for all the updates. It really helped keep me motivated!

Cheers!

Kelise

Maester
Congratulations :D Even though you've done NaNo before, each year is still very much a triumph of dedication and hard work, so yay you :D

I finished mine I've got about 50,300 words, mine 50000th paragraph was:
“I agree and I want to get home... well back to the east the at least. Home will have to wait a little bit, I think.” Vërïnia said.
with Vërïnia being the 50,000th word. Congrats to everyone else who made it! we all worked hard on these.