• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Need help! summer themed faction!

Hunter

Dreamer
I have been creating a world influenced/created by gods, I have honorable knights of winter, time bending nomads of autumn and (maybe holy?) druids of spring, the thing is, summer is missing, and i want them to be there, every faction has some magics associated, nercomancy and cryomancy for winter, healing and druidicraft for spring, and time bending and wind for autumn, the thing is (again) idk what to give to the summer faction (appart from pyromancy, obviously) so, if you can help me i would be happy and glad to hear you!

If it's a kind of story where sex magic can appropriately be included, that seems to me to fit very well with summer. Heat of passion.

Other possibilities could include thunder/lightning magic (if this is the kind of climate that has summer thunderstorms), and plant magic. Both gardens and wild plants would be flourishing in the summer. If there are particular animals that show up a lot in the summer, they could be tied to the magic. Fun fact: the astrological signs of Cancer and Leo were so named because in Mesopotamia, where they originated, the months when the sun passed through them were months when crabs came ashore in large numbers to molt and mate and when lions migrated, respectively. If your world has any such seasonal markers, they could be animals of the season.

Hunter

Dreamer
If it's a kind of story where sex magic can appropriately be included, that seems to me to fit very well with summer. Heat of passion.

Other possibilities could include thunder/lightning magic (if this is the kind of climate that has summer thunderstorms), and plant magic. Both gardens and wild plants would be flourishing in the summer. If there are particular animals that show up a lot in the summer, they could be tied to the magic. Fun fact: the astrological signs of Cancer and Leo were so named because in Mesopotamia, where they originated, the months when the sun passed through them were months when crabs came ashore in large numbers to molt and mate and when lions migrated, respectively. If your world has any such seasonal markers, they could be animals of the season.

sounds kind of summer pirates to me, fire and water perhaps, after all fire is obvious and water would be for somethin like the beach and such (perhaps implement somehing more, idk really) also, although is a really interesting idea to implement some kind of sex magic, well, perhaps is not the best

TJPoldervaart

Minstrel
Some ideas:
- Pyromancy is the obvious one (so I get why you would look for something else).
- Berserkers; heat and rage seem linked to me. It also would be nice in opposition of your knights of winter.
- Undying/Phoenix; a magic where death is temporary, but might hurt the user in another way.
- Illusion; light and heat are two factors that can create visual illusions (fata morgana, for instance).

Hunter

Dreamer
My first concept was something like summer vikings, so berserker stuff might work.. hmmmmm i think i have an idea

My first concept was something like summer vikings, so berserker stuff might work.. hmmmmm i think i have an idea
And you know what the berserkers did: they turned into bears. Literally, if you asked them. (Historians say they were just wearing bear suits, but what do they know?)

A summer bear is the fierce one. That's when it's voraciously eating everything in sight.

Hunter

Dreamer
And you know what the berserkers did: they turned into bears. Literally, if you asked them. (Historians say they were just wearing bear suits, but what do they know?)

A summer bear is the fierce one. That's when it's voraciously eating everything in sight.
Thanks, now i got more ideas for both the druids and the summer faction interactions

Thank you! lol