• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

Well, I love when exes get mad at you for your reason for the breakup and then prove you right two days in a row right afterwardsXD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NaNoWriMo WIP!

Tom

Istar
New Skyrim character! He's a Bosmer thief who was orphaned in Riften and "adopted" by the Thieves' Guild. I gave him the smallest build but he's down to fight anyone. I started his career by stealing all of the cheese from the inn in Riverwood.

C

Chessie

It's been weeks since I've been able to play Skyrim Remastered. There's some sort of issue going on with game drivers not being installed properly something or the other...and Steam is being complicated and difficult to work with. *SIGH* Which sucks because I was thoroughly enjoying the game that worked once then stopped functioning.

I suppose it's ok. I rather play Fallout anyway.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
New Skyrim character! He's a Bosmer thief who was orphaned in Riften and "adopted" by the Thieves' Guild. I gave him the smallest build but he's down to fight anyone. I started his career by stealing all of the cheese from the inn in Riverwood.

Fear The Stilton Swindler. The Emmental Criminal. The Gouda Gangster. The Roquefort Robber. The Parmezan Pirate. The Cheddar Cheat. The Manchego Marauder. The Mozerella Mobster. The Sbrinz Prince. The Edam Imam. The Colby Colonel. The Brie Brigand. The Burrata Buccaneer. The Quark Nark. The Limburger Pilferer.

I think I'm done now.

Fear The Stilton Swindler. The Emmental Criminal. The Gouda Gangster. The Roquefort Robber. The Parmezan Pirate. The Cheddar Cheat. The Manchego Marauder. The Mozerella Mobster. The Sbrinz Prince. The Edam Imam. The Colby Colonel. The Brie Brigand. The Burrata Buccaneer. The Quark Nark. The Limburger Pilferer.

I think I'm done now.

I...I don't even know an appropriate response. O_O

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
No, no the Crook was curdled by the Camembert Camorista last week. These Fromage Felons are out of control.

Last edited:
C

Chessie

Ah, yes. The Bosmer thief. I had one of those. She was also a werewolf. Man, that was a load of fun! Nothing better than ripping and tearing through towns and cities in full beast mode. Munch!

Reactions: Tom

Incanus

Auror
Since I have nothing to say today, I won't say it. That is, other than to say that I'm not saying anything. Of course, since there wasn't anything to say in the first place, I suppose I didn't have to bother saying there was nothing to say. But now that I'm actually saying something about saying nothing, it's a little too late, say what you will.

Now I'm confused--what was I saying?

C

Chessie

All of a sudden, I had an image of a Koala roasting in a Dutch oven... -_-

Reactions: Ban

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
There are youtube videos. It's not too hard. Apparently the difficulty is in figuring out how many times it rotates before it hits so you know the right angle to throw from. But you've got to have the right knife. And throwing knives aren't really very good in a real combat situation.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
How does one learn to throw knives...?

Back in the day, I picked up a couple knives, selected a tree in the yard with plenty of open ground behind and alongside it, and started throwing. I put most of an hour a day into that for a few weeks, on and off. Judging the rotation thing is tough - also depends on how hard you throw (velocity). Just hitting the dang tree (1.5 feet thick) from a distance of 20-25 feet is tough. A lot of the time it'll hit blade or hilt first. Do that too often with a regular knife and the handle will loosen, come apart.