• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

In the 80s, Actor #1 worked for Dick Jones–Dick Joooooooooones! But now he's a kindly old man whose child is back from the dead.

Actor #2 was a shape-shifting killer robot in the 90s, but now he leads a team of nerds to save lives.

Name the actors, as well as the 20th-century movies and current TV shows in which they played the roles described above.

No clue for 1 but for 2 I wanna say Arnold Swartzenegger but I dk what he's doing now.

Last edited:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Arnold was in the movie with actor #2, but Arnold wasn't the villain. You're on the right track in the sense that both movies are action flicks.

The movies featured interesting villains played by actors who weren't popular and still aren't... but they are on TV now, so I'm glad to see they still have work.

Trick

Auror
Two 20th-century villains have turned out to be good guys in their old age.

In the 80s, Actor #1 worked for Dick Jones–Dick Joooooooooones! But now he's a kindly old man whose child is back from the dead.

Actor #2 was a shape-shifting killer robot in the 90s, but now he leads a team of nerds to save lives.

Name the actors, as well as the 20th-century movies and current TV shows in which they played the roles described above.

1. Kurtwood Smith, Robocop (the original), Resurrection

2. Robert Patrick, Terminator 2, Scorpion.

Arnold was in the movie with actor #2, but Arnold wasn't the villain. You're on the right track in the sense that both movies are action flicks.

The movies featured interesting villains played by actors who weren't popular and still aren't... but they are on TV now, so I'm glad to see they still have work.

Technically, Arnold was the villain in the first Terminator movie although the first movie was made in the 80's.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
1. Kurtwood Smith, Robocop (the original), Resurrection

2. Robert Patrick, Terminator 2, Scorpion.
I was just watching those shows thinking, "I know that guy," then the next day, "I know THAT guy! What's with all these guys I know?"

@Flaming Unicorn (who is actually a mermaid), yeah Arnold was the villain in T1, but in 1992, college girls cried because the T-800 had to die. I was a college guy, so I'm simply taking the college girls' word for it that the thumbs up in molten steel scene was a tearjerker for some… at least those two girls talking. I wanted to tell the girls, "I now know why you cry, but that is something I can never do," but it was the 90s and suddenly being a sensitive guy was fashionable. Due the confusion, I decided to get married the following decade.

I'm not sure what the 2000-2009 decade was known for. I don't even know what to call that decade. The 2000s (two thousands)? The 00s (zeroes)? Does the current decade have a name? It's 2014, and I just realized I only refer to 20th-century decades by name.

Tom

Istar
I have nothing worthwhile to add to this thread, but I'll add anyway.
Anyone up for a game of word association? I say a word and you write the first thing that came into your head when you read it.

Word #1: Deplorable

Tom

Istar
Okay. Thanks.
In that case, random thought: Would humans be able to survive in a world with a green sky? Because that would mean the atmosphere allows for light ray penetration different from earth's, and the possibility of harmful light exposure, and yada yada yada....

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Thanks, Svrt, now that song is in my head. XDD

So I started reading Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow and Thorn trilogy last week (WHY did I not read them sooner?), and I recently finished the second book. But the library doesn't have the third one, and I can't afford to buy it. >_< Not that I want to right now anyway, since I only own the first book -- the second one was a library book as well. But still. Aaaaargh. D=

SeverinR

Vala
"Sometimes I think the process of writing is not to terribly different then the process of being psychotic."
George R.R. Martin

Last edited:

SeverinR

Vala
Thanks, Svrt, now that song is in my head. XDD

So I started reading Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow and Thorn trilogy last week (WHY did I not read them sooner?), and I recently finished the second book. But the library doesn't have the third one, and I can't afford to buy it. >_< Not that I want to right now anyway, since I only own the first book -- the second one was a library book as well. But still. Aaaaargh. D=
Maybe sample it, until you can find the whole? 10% free.

Jabrosky

Banned
Does anyone else find the whole joke that the Middle East should be bombed out of existence disturbing? Even if the call for genocide is tongue-in-cheek, it shows to me an extremely racist mentality towards people from that region.

Here's an example of that joke:

middle_857e47_2365721.jpg

SeverinR

Vala
Random thoughts drops to page two, I believe this is a first for this thread.
I am offended!:stomp:

on that note:

America, Please If there is someone that I have not offended, and you take offense to that, I appologize. I intend to be an equal opportunity offender, so I will try to offend you soon, so as you will not be offended for me forgetting to offend you.