• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Rogue 1 is the second best Star Wars movie.
Brave statement that! Almost fighting words:p
I really liked it but I found it left me a bit flat. Disney just don't seem to be able to do Dark. While the ending wasn't the usual Disney up-beat lets-sing-a-happy-song-over-the-credits conclusion, I still felt it a bit to nice and pretty [trying to avoid any spoilers - someone may not have seen it yet]. And the less said about uncanny valleys the better...
All that said... I'm still going to buy it. So I guess Disney are on to a winner.
BTW What would be #1?
I have a soft spot for Ewoks: The Battle for Endor [in a so bad it's good way]

Last edited:
I really liked it but I found it left me a bit flat. Disney just don't seem to be able to do Dark. While the ending wasn't the usual Disney up-beat lets-sing-a-happy-song-over-the-credits conclusion, I still felt it a bit to nice and pretty [trying to avoid any spoilers - someone may not have seen it yet]. And the less said about uncanny valleys the better...
All that said... I'm still going to buy it. So I guess Disney are on to a winner.
BTW What would be #1?

Empire Strikes Back.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
BTW What would be #1?

I appreciate your avoidance of spoilers. I haven't had the chance to see Rogue One yet.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Watashi no kokoro no takanaru. Soshite, anata suki de wakarenai. Gomenesai. Demo, anata aishiteru wa. Kore wa ai uchuu.

Ja, daar begrijp ik dus helemaal niks van. Dan zal ik ook maar mijn eigen taal spreken. En zolang niemand een vertaling programma gebruikt of aan de vos vraagt wat ik heb geschreven zal het nooit bekend worden wat hier staat.

:)

La Volpe

Sage
Ja, daar begrijp ik dus helemaal niks van. Dan zal ik ook maar mijn eigen taal spreken. En zolang niemand een vertaling programma gebruikt of aan de vos vraagt wat ik heb geschreven zal het nooit bekend worden wat hier staat.

:)

Wel, behalwe vir my. Ek kan dit als mooi verstaan. Joune in elk geval. Die Japanees kon ek niks veel verstaan nie. Ek het net twee woorde verstaan: Watashi - "ek is" (of so glo ek) en Gomenesai - "jammer".

Reactions: Ban
Nah, but only because 6 million don't buy enough bionics for a cockroach. [emoji12]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. And then I started to wonder whether in fact that same level of bionics might actually be cheaper soon.

And then I thought that $6 million itself doesn't sound very super, given inflation, so on that basis alone it would make a bad title for a superhero unless it was some kind of silly comedy.

Wel, behalwe vir my. Ek kan dit als mooi verstaan. Joune in elk geval. Die Japanees kon ek niks veel verstaan nie. Ek het net twee woorde verstaan: Watashi - "ek is" (of so glo ek) en Gomenesai - "jammer".

Gersh gurndy morn-dee burn-dee, burn-dee, flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip.

Reactions: Ban

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Gersh gurndy morn-dee burn-dee, burn-dee, flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip.

Don't worry I'll translate that. It says: 'Gosh Grundy, on monday tuesday and other tuesday you wore those same flip-flops.'

That rascally Grundy

Just for fun, I put it all into Google Translate to see what nonsense would come up. Here's the result.

Watashi no kokoro no takanaru. Soshite, anata suki de wakarenai. Gomenesai. Demo, anata aishiteru wa. Kore wa ai uchuu.

It is full of my heart. And I do not like to love you. Sorry. But, I love you. This is my life.

Yes, so I understand anything about. Then I even speak my own language. And while no one is using a translation program or the fox asks what I will never be known written this guide.

Well, behalwe vir my. Ek this is understood as beautiful. Joune anyway. That could Japanees ek nie mean nothing much. Ek it just means two Answered: Watashi - "cally" (or so glo ek) and Gomenesai - "unfortunate".

:D

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Just for fun, I put it all into Google Translate to see what nonsense would come up. Here's the result.

It is full of my heart. And I do not like to love you. Sorry. But, I love you. This is my life.

Yes, so I understand anything about. Then I even speak my own language. And while no one is using a translation program or the fox asks what I will never be known written this guide.

Well, behalwe vir my. Ek this is understood as beautiful. Joune anyway. That could Japanees ek nie mean nothing much. Ek it just means two Answered: Watashi - "cally" (or so glo ek) and Gomenesai - "unfortunate".

:D

Well... Atleast google translate managed to translate some of the words. Grammar? Not so much

It's amazing how badly it translated La Volpe's comment.

La Volpe

Sage
Well... Atleast google translate managed to translate some of the words. Grammar? Not so much

It's amazing how badly it translated La Volpe's comment.

I am dumbfounded at how bad that translation is (hell, half the words aren't even translated). I suspect that Crystalline didn't use the right "from" language? Maybe?