• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!
Well, actually, there's several systems in need of repair. The question is, which one first?

I used to be inclined to "change the heart of gGod with reason" and I still feel that way. ...But with a Collective Journey, I lean more towards, "Let's save Koschei's Egg" https://mythicscribes.com/community/threads/koscheis-egg.24126/. I mean, the Egg, is where all the characters live, it's their Universe, hmmm, I mean, it's their planet, argh, I meant the author's head! Saving the Universe (which is a planet) or add reason to gGod's heart? What comes first?

[Yeah, it's probable a bot!].

Of course, the characters have a life of their own. And their thing is, "Am I able or not, to open up Jorginho's head" (wonders Doctoress Evolution), or "Shall I switch off the fear or not?" (a deeply worry of the Yellow Chicken) (Of course, who else if not a yellow chicken, eh.) Then, the author got scared too (Blame it on the Yellow Chicken!), and there comes the whole empty Universe (the Black Emotion of gGod) to overcome and crash h[H]is reason. Oh, yeah. That led to the question sometime, will Jorginho place those 4 grams of reason, in the Red Box (that is, the coffin of gGod)? Yeah, the outer walls of the red box is gGod's heart, mmm. That's not all. The Yellow Chicken is only doing two things: he runs soullessly towards the end of the universe, which is named very properly, The Top Right Corner to Unknowable. Right! Other times this yellow chicken stops in the middle of the Life Desert and plays a move: Standing Tree pose; I suppose it calms him down; apparently he's trying to reach the future -- that doesn't even makes any sense as at that specific point in the Universe, it's where the «Eagle» is beginning to feed What world needs to hear, "Can I believe I live forever?" it's like jumping from the Frying Pan into the sun Nerval. To make matters worst this guy, Aeiou, thinks up a universe which is an iPhone (Don't ask me why, I'm only the author! I'm still stucked in the Portals ).

What needs to be repaired? I mean -- there is, at least a system in need of repair and, twelve heroes.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
The Thread Title is a line from Jeff Gomez (CEO, Starlight Runner/Transmedia Producer).

Last edited:

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well, actually, there's several systems in need of repair. The question is, which one first?

I used to be inclined to "change the heart of gGod with reason" and I still feel that way. ...But with a Collective Journey, I lean more towards, "Let's save Koschei's Egg," which is where all the characters live, it's their Universe. What comes first?

If you are asking what your characters would do, I would ask why they feel they can or should do either?

If you are asking what you as the author need to do to fix some difficulty in your story, I would suggest being less abstract, and find a way to decribe your conflict in solid terms.

If I was to fix gGod, would I also fix Koschei?

If I was to fix gGod, would I also fix Koschei?

Hmmm. Guess so. He's gGod. Looking at your question, it seems a very simple one. ...But, its effect, man ...I gotta keep it in my mind and literally have a nap. (Napping relax me, it's meditation. It's work!)

The only variant to come into play with your question is, since gGod forgot who he is, will fixing him also save the universe?!?

...Along with that, there's a Countermeasure Manual collecting gGod forgotten consciousness.

Ah, let's suppose for a moment the Manual gets hold of gGod's memories and, since the past is the ego of the Earth Monster, then ...

(Note: The memories (or consciousness) of gGod for me are in the past as well as on the present.)

And, speaking of which, comes to mind now that, actually the present belongs as well to the Monster of the Earth, maybe past is its ego and present is its ... [pause] [have to check my notes]... ok, seen my notes (a piece of A4 paper named "awakening the heroes within" a medicine wheel ), yeah, past = ego, present = soul. Extrapolating I figure the future is the self of the Monster Earth.

I'm lost.

(Lost for a minute!)

I had to look at the wall where I have a giant paper -- Story Map #3 -- yes, yes, I need Kevin, No Country, Mel & Sy to help me here; these guys, this little group, is the "rea" (reason) and I have to add them to Tardio, which is "emo" (emotion).

I believe they are the solution.

Last edited:

Queshire

Auror
Eh, personally I'd have restoring the creator deity either be a red herring that'd lead to a fail state or the bad guy's plan. There's something that appeals to me about a creator that chooses to give up their memories/powers in order to properly enjoy their creation and I'd like to think that it'd show a trust in mortals to fix their own problems.

Why is it gGod and not God? Is gGod a machine?

I

In the beginning I can't remember (I would have to check my earliest notes), but nowadays g stands for god or gods, as in the polytheism and pantheism. So, the G stands for God in the monotheism.

And, the word starts with small g because if it would start with big G, then, I mean, in grammar terms at the beginning of the sentence it's supposed to have a Capital letter. And, anyways, when people who believe in one supreme being, they always write with big G, anywhere along a sentence. So, small g in my opinion being all-the-time everywhere written with g little one, is a minority guy.

Not fair!

So, by putting the two together small g and big G, it doesn't matter where the word stands, whether being the first word or the last word or anywhere in between, in any phrase, sentence or line -- It's all-the-same.

No, gGod is not a machine! gGod is now and since he's forgotten he's also a deus ex machina so he can throw things out of the blue, literally.

The blue is the ozone layer which is attached to the Black Emotion of gGod. Also according to my medicine wheel, the blue is West and black.

Generally speaking, blue means water and black is emotion.

Last edited:
a creator that chooses to give up their memories/powers in order to properly enjoy their creation

The original idea from 2010, january 19, at 13h31, is, I quote [myself]

"An Omnipotent God, bored with the life he has, tries to forget what he is, or who he is, and distributes his consciousness throughout the universe, being everything and one thing. That's more fun, he thinks."

Besides the general idea there's some keywords imbedded in the sentence.

The key words are: one God (Monotheism), every being (polytheism) and the whole universe (pantheism).

Last edited:

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I would tend to capitalize God if it was a true god in the perspective of the POV character, otherwise not. But that's just me.

If the gGod has intentionally lost his memory, which I am not sure he could maintain, how could the mortal types change that for him? and if giving him his memories back, which is not the same as reason, would fix things, I would have to ask how or why they would think this?

If the gGod has reason, I am not sure he can avoid rediscovering the truths he tried to forget. They would just be apparent in nature.

If I was a mortal type, and I knew that gGod intentionally lost his memory, and the universe is an big trouble because of it, I am not sure how I could attack that. I would have to undo what gGod has done. Fixing the world would seem addressing the symptom and not the cause. I would want to address the cause. I would put a bandaid on the symptom if I could if there was some urgent need.

the divine being so far beyond us as to be rendered incomprehensible.

Yeah, in my case I call the "incomprehensible", the unknowable . And, that "far beyond" (in my words, the Black Emotion of gGod) it's inhabited by two sister witches - Ana Khronos & Helen Purner. They are the «Eagle»... and the Custodians of gGod Black Emotion ...

Explanation of who or what the «Eagle» is, it's here > What world needs to hear, "Can I believe I live forever?" .

Curiosity: Ana Khronos means against time, from anachronism.

Last edited:
Something simultaneously multiple & singular?

In my Storyworld, yes.

A scientist calls that, the entanglement experiment, "two objects so intimate that they behave as one, instantaneously and forever, even if they are separated by the width of galaxies."*

* in page 53, Biocentrism by Robert Lanza (2010).

(the Black Emotion of gGod) it's inhabited by two sister witches - Ana Khronos & Helen Purner.

Curiosity (Spoiler Alert!!!) :ninja: "two sister-spirits were born in constant darkness", this is a line from the Acoma Creation*, and that's the departure point for my two sister witches.

* (in page 3, A Dictionary of Creation Myths by David Leeming with Margaret Leeming (1994))

Last edited:
I would tend to capitalize God if it was a true god in the perspective of the POV character, otherwise not. But that's just me.

In my Storyworld all the characters are immortals and gods. They don't see themselves as gods or gGod as God. Not even gGod can see Himself as God, 'cos He forgot.

The author*, it's the only one calling gGod, gGod. The guy I call, gGod, is known in my Storyworld only as Agora. ...and deus ex machina it's only me, the author, calling it; in the story to the characters they only see deus ex machina consequences, not its physical persona -- deus ex machina is some sort of 'light' side of Ana Khronos & Helen Purner.

* The author is also part of the story, as explained here, Portals

The only POV character to capitalize God, would be me, the author. ...And, I really do it, with a twist; Small g and big G.

Last edited:
If the gGod has intentionally lost his memory, which I am not sure he could maintain, how could the mortal types change that for him? and if giving him his memories back, which is not the same as reason, would fix things, I would have to ask how or why they would think this?

These other immortals made out of him, can give back what he was plus their own experiences while having it (that is, its parts of him). That's the essence of the «Eagle».

To my knowledge, only Jorginho Frangipani has the ability to carry "4 grams of reason" just because there's only that amount of reason in the whole Storyworld. No more reason exists besides that in a physical form.

The how and why is intuition. It comes from the deepest (inside), which is linked to gGod. ...And, it's not they, it's only Jorginho, as far as I'm concerned.

There's a bunch of guys (Kevin, No Country, Mel & Sy) who as a group represent the Reason archetype, but that is only known to the author.

Jorginho Frangipani would think that because he can see half the universe at once, at a time. Also he's able to see a more expanded version of Yin & Yang, on its minor and major manifestations.

If the gGod has reason, I am not sure he can avoid rediscovering the truths he tried to forget. They would just be apparent in nature.

The problem with gGod is, he's stuck inside a box -- Red Box, also known, only to the author as, The Mind Coffin. He, gGod, is not able to leave his place, he suffers from agorafobia.

Add to that the fact that since he forgot who he was, I'd say, he is actually the only human being in the story. And, the key to the Portals .

Nature, for gGod, is only a 3x3 meters square room [the house of gGod], where he lives. There's no physical doors or windows. He sits inside watching telly -- it's a big screen the size of the wall in front of him. He sits on the couch, holding his remote. Note: Of course he doesn't know (because he forgot) that the remote control it's actually the whole mighty God in essence, as an artifact -- see it, as the Bible. (This artifact was traded in the Frying Pan at a time gGod knew nothing at all.)

Also, reason is palpable as an artifact.

Below is the house of gGod.

upload_2022-6-27_14-40-3.jpeg

The Red Box (The Mind Coffin) is situated in the core of the black sun, Nerval. Note: On top of it, it's a dog and a butterfly playing.

Last edited:
at a time gGod knew nothing at all

...To be clear:

What do I mean by "gGod knew nothing at all"?

First forget "at all" that was a glitch!

Let's rephrase it.

Once upon a time gGod knew, Nada.

Note: The meaning of Nada is twofold, (1) nothing, and (2) to swim.

Last edited:
Why have you added to swim to this?

Check my avatar. A fish swimming.

It's Jorginho Frangipani mission patch! It reads at the top, "peixe ou água", meaning fish or water. Some Main Characters have a few Plot Layers, Jorginho is one of them.

In my Storyworld there's only one guy able to figure these things out, Tardio. I mean, e.g., the twofold meaning.