• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or that?

Reaver

Staff
Cars. I like Mater. He's funny.

Answer to the BONUS QUESTION: They Might Be Giants was started by two guys named John which is your alter-ego's name and Cars has a character named Mater which is your alter-ego's nickname.

A dead rat or a dead opossum?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
A dead opossum, because that's what he gets for faking it for an oncoming car.

ANSWER TO BONUS QUESTION: Reaver's right.

They're bands from Massachusetts that I quoted on previous pages of this thread.

Ninja'd twice within the hour! EVIL 'CAUSE I'M A SORE LOSER TO NINJA'ing! GRRRR!

WHY DO I SOUND LIKE TONY THE TIGER WHEN I'M IN EVIL MODE?

Gandalf or Soulcatcher?

BONUS QUESTION: Should I have or shouldn't I have?

Phietadix

Auror
Gandalf, who care if Soulcatcher is suppobly more powerful.
In answer to your bonus question you should have, this thread has no topic.

Spending the day reading Mythic Scribes or Spending the day Writing?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Spending the day writing, and the night reading Mythic Scribes. Who needs sleep?

More annoying to see people get wrong: Spelling or grammar?

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Spelling. I don't mind people playing with grammar for stylistic reasons.

Happy endings or Bittersweet/sad endings?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Big Bad. I interpret this as whether the villain should be powerful (big) enough to challenge the hero or more powerful (bigger) than the hero.

I prefer when the hero and villain are roughly at the same power level. When the villain outclasses the hero, that can work, but... wait. Am I getting too deep and killing the This or That game or is it okay to get deep here?

Reaver

Staff
ANSWER TO BONUS QUESTION: Reaver's right.

[second best answer]They're bands from Massachusetts that I quoted on previous pages of this thread.

Well, I'm only right because I answered with the best answer, not the obvious one.

To answer the question: Predator.

Should I scrape up the dead rat with a shovel and put in the dumpster or should I just leave it for those damn buzzards that keep following me?

BONUS QUESTION: What movie kicked off the whole Aliens Versus Predator franchise?

Extra credit for whomever can tell in which scene of said movie was the one that started it all.

Last edited:

Reaver

Staff
Am I getting too deep and killing the This or That game or is it okay to get deep here?

You already know the answer to that. If I have to tell you then I'm sending Manimus to your house with a Strip-o-gram. He'll be more than glad to tell you how deep you can get.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Buzzards gotta eat, so why waste your effort?

BONUS: It was the courtroom drama, People v. Alien Predators, which was actually an E.T. spin-off about people who sued the government for their overly zealous persecution of an innocent alien who just wanted to go home. I hated the ending, in which the judge ruled in favor of the People, then the townspeople's misdirected cheers were silenced by that sneering government lawyer when he said, "Traditionally, the moniker 'People' refers to the people of the government. We are the People! (sinister grin)" I hate that guy!

Courtroom Drama or Courtroom Reality Show? (I don't know what genre People's Court belongs to since it predates the vomit-inducing reality shows that have taken over water cooler conversations for more than a decade.)

FatCat

Maester
Courtroom reality show, because going to court is so much fun, why not watch it in your spare time!?

Fine Point or regular Sharpies?

Edit: I can't spell.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Fine point.

0.3mm preferred, or 0.05 - 0.1 for finer details like strands of hair or war paint outline.

Ride of the Valkyries in the Blues Brothers or Ride of the Valkyries in the Watchmen?

Reaver

Staff

Dim mak (點脈) or five point palm exploding heart technique?

Last edited by a moderator:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
The dim mak.

"That is not the dim mak."

::Breaks a brick over own head to prove a point.::

Man or Jungle?

(BONUS QUESTION: What soundtracks do these boogies come from?

1 right = 1/2 point
2 right = 2,000,000 points)

Reaver

Staff
The jungle.

BONUS: "Jungle Boogie" by Kool & The Gang was in Pulp Fiction and "I'm Your Boogie Man" by K.C. & The Sunshine Band was in The Crow: City of Angels.

Which is funnier to say when you're being dead serious:

Farce or Farts?

BONUS QUESTION: What three things do the aforementioned bands have in common?

Sparkie

Auror
Farts. Funny to say anytime, moreso when dead serious. Just watch Caddyshack if you don't believe me.

BONUS: They Suck!

EARLIER BONUS: Predator 2, when Danny Glover walks into the spaceship and sees the Alien trophy skull mounted on the wall.

Which movie would you rather see remade: Creature From The Black Lagoon or Touch Of Evil?

I would have to say creature because I've never seen the

Lotr films or books?

Bonus: I can't really think of one yet I still demand an answer and you better get it right!