• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or that?

Reaver

Staff
Tits on a bull because they're more useful.

Best representative of the South in the 1970's:

The banjo pickin' inbreds in Deliverance or the Hardesty's in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Last edited:

Reaver

Staff
Rorschach. He has more heart than the Tin Man will ever have.

ANSWER TO THE BONUS QUESTION: Your dad is a superhero who wears a cool mask that constantly changes and beats up bad guys with a mattock handle. And even though there's no axe at the end of it, they call him "The Tin Man".

Since we're on the subject of Tin Men:

L. Frank Baum or Lewis Carroll?

Last edited:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Autobots. I don't know how to drive a decepticon.

The Tin Man and Rorschach were both played by actors named Jack Haley. That's my dad's name.

INT or WIS?

Phietadix

Auror
That's a hard one, I have more INT but I want more WIS (and My Dragon's egg character wants more STR) So I'll go with WIS

STR or CON?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Tough call for me as Baldhart is awesome in both areas. But I'd have to go with CON.

In-game, it was nice to take a heavy blow, knowing that even if that enemy hit me again with it's max damage, I'd be alive (at 1 HP).

In real life, a high pain threshold is nice in those occasions that you break a bone and it was nice to walk out of a hospital (refusing the wheelchair) a week after a doctor (an expert in her field flown in from Russia) told my parents I'll be dead within days. I used to staff for a LARP, and twice I lifted a (skinny) person over my head just because I was RP'ing a rock creature or a war god's servant and thought "I should be able to lift people when I'm that guy." But performing a feat of strength (not that I'm that big and strong of a guy) is like a parlor trick. Performing a feat of constitution might mean not dying.

Well, their relationship isn't as obvious as the last two pairs, but what the hay?

DEX or CHA?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
CHA, based on this morning's experience. It's less stressful to "kill with kindness."

(Baldhart, who is twice as strong as she is charismatic, inspires my next D&D-stat-themed question.)

STRong women in fantasy: STRong woman, physically or STRong woman, emotionally?

Reaver

Staff
The Tin Man and Rorschach were both played by actors named Jack Haley. That's my dad's name.
No offense to your good surname buddy, but I like my answer better.

To answer the question:

STRong woman emotionally. I don't want a gal who's physically stronger than me.

LAWFUL GOOD OR LAWFUL EVIL?

Last edited:

myrddin173

Maester
Lawful Evil, my character maybe Lawful Neutral but he definitely has evil tendancies (he is an assassin after all)

Elf or Human?

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Lawful Evil, my character maybe Lawful Neutral but he definitely has evil tendancies (he is an assassin after all)

Elf or Human?

Human. Always like them, followed secondarily by dwarves (and who can not like dwarves, after what the faithless elves did to them in the Warhammer setting!).

Halflings or Gnomes?

Last edited:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Axe, because the word 'axe' sounds cooler than its more combat-effective rival, the halberd.

Dagger or banana peel strategically placed near an open manhole?