• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

Noma Galway

Archmage
When writing I listen to Josh Groban, LotR soundtrack, Game of Thrones soundtrack, Sorten Muld, Kim Larson, the Les Miserables soundtrack (original cast), Jimmy Buffett, any number of German artists, or the Indigo Girls.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
For those of you who don't mind a modern touch to your celtic inspired musical journeys:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nagash

Sage
Here is something to chew on, for all the Tolkien fandom out there.

Summoning is a Black Metal band from Austria, and have been the composers since 1993 of a dozen of albums, all of which are heavily based and inspired from Tolkien's fantasy world. As a metalhead, i find these albums to combine to perfection screams, growls and thrilling heroic music.

These are some of the soundtracks i listen while writing. Don't mind the poor recording (which appears a few times during the listening), you quickly get over it.

I hope you'll enjoy Summoning as much as I have, and still do.

(EDIT : since I can't post three videos at the same time, i shall repost them below)

SeverinR

Vala
This one is a tribute to those fallen and those with an empty place at their table and in their hearts, our Gold star families.

Merry Christmas to all the military members of all the years, and more so to those that serve or served in war. Even more to those at home that give them a reason to come home, the forgotten family of those that serve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI-_wAX1tV8

In peacetime or war, those that serve miss out on the important things at home, and those at home miss out on important things in the military persons life also.

Last edited:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Just bumped into this:
She's got a modern sound but with a slightly medieval/fantasy feel to it. I figure there may be some people here who might appreciate it.

Nagash

Sage
I've been cracking up some Suidakra recently, and found this pretty neat song... It just seems like i'm flying away while listening to this slow and enchanting melody...

Nagash

Sage

In the mists of twilight, i stare at the skyline, awaiting the aurora...

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Love these guys. They're an Irish rock band out of Canada. This is my favorite of theirs.

teacup

Auror
Someone posted this in chat and I can't stop listening now.

Hoff

Acolyte
upper_thumb.png

Ddruid

Minstrel

This song grabs your throat from the beginning. Amazingly brutal riffs and vocals and masterful electronic and technical rhythms. Shade Empire is a Finnish black metal band (Finland really has gifted the world some of the best metal bands ever).