• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

taiwwa

Scribe
This is the lead singer of my favorite band atm:

576f1cb48705.jpg

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Just discovered this version of an old favourite. Cheered me up no end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rinzei

Troubadour
My music is starting to get quite lackluster, but there is one song I will share that has recently felt quite inspiring to me. I originally saw the song as a Team Fortress 2 cinematic video (if you like video games at all, I would recommend giving it a look - it's very well done).

The song is "Save Me" by Globus. I really love the epic feel of it, especially as it grows. I've found especially this week, having a rough time with work, that it helps me to de-stress and uplifts me in a "you can totally do this - you are amazing" sort of way.

Heard this on classical radio the other day:

It's like if the Harry Potter theme was written for a Robin Hood movie.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I got linked this today. Technically, it's probably some kind of electronic dance music, but it's atmospheric enough that it might just work for those of you who aren't into that kind of stuff normally. Also, it's "live"...

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
This song, I believe, was released today - or well, yesterday technically, but I haven't gone to bed yet.

Another (different) version of the video is available here: Laibach: The Whistleblowers - NOWNESS

Ok, so the youtube video is fan-made and the official video is in the nowness link.

Nagash

Sage

I've been in a mood for some spanish-guitar songs lately; I find it incredibly relaxing and appeasing... Outstanding in order to clear my mind.

Nihal

Vala
I'm not much for happier musics, they sound bland to me, yet this one has the right dose of emotion to move me.

Yep. Disney movie OST. I'm an odd one, amn't I?

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I've been listening to this nonstop while working on a new short story (and yes, we're writing a short story - everyone watch for horsemen! ;) ).

Professionally without taste;)

After 40+ years as a sound engineer I can take - and get into – just about anything (the 'get into' is important; you can't record something well if it's not part of you. Sometimes, with free jazz for example or Kurdish electric folk, the integration got a bit zen). Lot of French speaking, but that's to do with where I was.

Now I've got rather a nice active system on the output of the computer (with a mixer so I can run the TV through it, too) and tend to sit in silence.

Noma Galway

Archmage
A friend sent me this. I haven't actually seen the movie Frozen, but I love this song, and Google Translate made it really funny.