• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

Nagash

Sage

I find this song very appealing, since it retails the story of a man lying on the battlefield and doubting the afterlife as he dies... As such i listened it a few hundred times while writing the death of a very similar character. Very touching...

Last edited by a moderator:

buyjupiter

Maester
*blushing* I'm on a bit of a early 2000s pop-punk kick right now. So, Green Day, Rise Against, and Fall Out Boy have been getting some heavy rotation lately. This may be why the romance elements in my stories have been so...not romantic lately.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Just watched Frozen and now listening to Let It Go over and over again:
It's somehow not as good as it was in the movie, but it's still pretty nice.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
However, it's time to write and it's time for something laid back and summery.

Edit: funny how the video is displayed with the title for Late Winter Storms. :p

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
As a lot of you know, I'm a superhero junkie. I must share the fun! This is Nickleback's "Burn It to The Ground." Warning, some of these lyrics are NSFW.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
And these are my song obsessions for the week. I've been listening to them on loop while I work on the current chapter.

This is "Let it Burn" by Red. It's an anime video because there isn't an official one.

And this is "This is War" by Thirty Seconds to Mars. This is also and anime video, because the official one has a lot of voice-over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhqxrbVvHkE

Scribble

Archmage
LOVE "Let It Burn"! :D

I love this movie, and the songs. Rare are the cartoons about princesses I can watch with my daughters without secretly cringing.

I enjoy listening to traditional music, in particular Indian bansuri flute. This is something I listen to for relaxation, meditation, sometimes while writing on the train to drown out the chatter of fellow commuters.

I find this music captures the essence of existence on the large scale in a way we can appreciate it as mortal humans - grand cycles of cosmic change, iterations of earthly existence, growth and death, the cycles of days, all of which we experience through moments like dusk, sunrise, etc...

I find in Raga Ahir Bhairav echoed so many aspects of life, love, death, loss, desire, regret, joy, etc... all blended into a stream of sound.

This other raga is called Glory of Dusk, I find it very beautiful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhuzYxmaPlc

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I ran across this yesterday... and wow. Just wow. I had to share it with you guys. Song and video editing combine beautifully.

The song is "The War Was in Color" by Carbon Leaf

Addison

Auror
I listen to a lot of stuff. Heavy metal, country, some classic, "Celtic Woman", instrumental and a lot of Disney. If I'm listening to songs while I'm writing then I try to pick a song that has a rhythm that fits the pace and action in the scene(s) I'm writing. It really helps.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I have fallen in love with the song Beautiful Girl, by Broken Iris:

[video=youtube_share;mU8vOjJpd9I]http://youtu.be/mU8vOjJpd9I[/video]

This is the original version and it was the first that I listened to, but there is also another version with a female voice and it sounds fantastic as well.