1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

What do you listen to?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Elder the Dwarf, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Svrtnsse

Svrtnsse Staff Article Team

I just came across these guys, and their version of Still Loving You is absolutely amazing:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
  2. Jerseydevil

Jerseydevil Minstrel

Ireth likes this.
  3. Chessie

Chessie Guest

This classic 80s song is the theme for what I'm writing this morn.

4. Svrtnsse

More shameless self-promotion. This is a mix-set I put together a while back. It's a bit on the silly side from time to time, but there's some good stuff in there too.
    EBM Industrial Whatever (mostly whatever) #2 by svrtnsse | Mixcloud

Currently at around the 43 minute mark and it's Sisters of Mercy playing over Chris Liebing, and it actually really works. :D

5. skip.knox

skip.knox toujours gai, archie Moderator

I'm listening to Parov Stelar right now. It'd good for reading forums, but not for writing because my butt won't sit still.

6. Miskatonic

Miskatonic Auror

Great song I'm sure some of you will like. :)

7. Chessie

Chessie Guest

A bit of Rumors for this morning's writing session. Damn, I love me Fleetwood Mac.

Laurence likes this.
  8. teacup

teacup Auror

9. Laurence

Laurence Inkling

so modern gwow

10. Chessie

Chessie Guest

Uh...I totally discovered a Crimson & Clover remake by Joan Jett. Where has it been all these years of my life?! Wow.

11. Tom

Tom Istar

There's this one song that I hear all the time on the radio driving to school, but I can't remember the artist or even the lyrics! It's really frustrating because I LOVE the song and I'd like to download it. It's this folksy/alternative rock style with definite Celtic undertones. A nice driving beat too. I wish I could find it.

12. Chilari

Chilari Staff Moderator

Latesly I've been listening a lot to a playlist that consists of the songs from the Hobbit trilogy soundtracks - Song of the Lonely Mountain, I See Fire, and The Last Goodbye. They're beautiful and powerful. I mean get a load of this. I've been listening to it all evening and it still has the capacity to make me tear up.

[video=youtube_share;q8ir8rVl2Z4]https://youtu.be/q8ir8rVl2Z4[/video]

Sheilawisz and Ireth like this.
  13. skip.knox

skip.knox toujours gai, archie Moderator

Listening to old episodes of Thistle and Shamrock, especially those centered on Brittany.

14. Shannon M Metcalf

Shannon M Metcalf Acolyte

I'm an avid listener of Hip-Hop, Country, Pop, Rock, some oldies, some 80's rock, and early 2k music. My favorite performer is Eminem. He always drains the anger away from me whenever I feel it or lifts me up if I'm feeling down. My favorite songs are: Lose Yourself, Soldier, I Get Money, A Lil Bit, Gunz Come Out, (Most of Eminem's music after the 2,000's), Ambitions As A Ridah, Thug Style, Keep Goin', Break Ya Neck, Aerosmith, Toby Keith, Pitbull; etc. :)

15. teacup

teacup Auror

My other favourite from the guy who did the Death Note cover I posted a page ago

16. Addison

Addison Auror

I usually listen to anything with a good upbeat, something to keep the blood pumping. Not in a head-banging way just enough to energize me so I can write. Other times it depends on the scene I'm writing as the music help put me in the right mood. Usually all I need is background noise. Whether it's country, rock, sound tracks, blues, classics, or even movies or TV episodes I've seen dozens of times. I.E, I'm listening to season 3 of Big Bang Theory.

17. Nagash

Nagash Sage

Heartbreaking music - and video game.

teacup likes this.
  18. Miskatonic

Miskatonic Auror

Since most Mercyful Fate songs tell fictional stories in the lyrics it's a 2 for 1 deal. One of the best metal bands ever.

19. Svrtnsse

I just discovered Kebu - like less than ten minutes ago. Check out this version of an old classic. :)

20. Chessie

Chessie Guest

I'm super in love with Tangerine Dream. It's been my writing soundtrack for the past week and I think my husband is ready to bash the t.v. in lol.
    Tangerine Dream

Miskatonic likes this.