• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Well I have been listening to this here over and over again:

[video=youtube_share;G8BLDd6sMpM]https://youtu.be/G8BLDd6sMpM[/video]

The first part of this video is about funny and crazy moments in the game. The second part is about awesome moments of gameplay, and the song for them starts at around 1:57. I really love it!

This song is called Words, by Feint and sung by Laura Brehm.

And yeah, I play a lot of Steep even though I am nowhere as good as that =)

Last edited:

Aurora

Sage
I'm serious about finishing this novel only listening to Tamriel's ambience. Lindsey Stirling was and always will be an exception.

Last edited by a moderator:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I released a new mix-set: Fairytales #1 - Beneath A Blue Sky by svrtnsse | Mixcloud

This is atmospheric breaks - which basically means light and fluffy electronic music that could be danced to, but which will serve just as well for sitting in a field watching the clouds go by (as proven by recent empirical experiments). It gets a bit dark towards the end, but overall it's a selection of laid back and lighthearted tracks.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Which reminds me, Violin is the next instrument I am learning how to play.

Ummm...that was supposed to have a quote from the Lindsey Stirling post above, but it seems not to have happened...

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I've probably linked this before, but it's still amazing (for very specific values of amazing):

Malik

Auror
^^ Lizzie No's "Crying Wolf" got me hooked on the "Gothic Country" genre, which has put me in exactly the mood I need for the rewrite of the middle section of The New Magic. I've been absorbing it through osmosis, completely steeped in the vibe. How did I write without this?

Aurora

Sage
^^ Oh, music that inspires the craft is invaluable!

Which is why I've been so in love with Malukah lately.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
This is likely to work for those of you who like the more cinematic/atmospheric styles of music for inspiration.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Just discovered this. It's a nice contrast to all the minimal psychedelic house I've been listening to all weekend.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
This is the kind of music that makes me want to drop my current WIP and write a dark fairytale in an enchanted forest.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I just discovered Agnes Obel released a new album earlier this year. Good stuff. This is music for thinking big lonely thoughts in dusty rooms with bad lighting.