• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

kabe

Acolyte
...and this week's albums:
Tesseract - Altered State (prog metal)
Primal Attack - Heartless Oppressor (good ol' metal)

Individual tracks:
Justin Sullivan - Snelsmore Wood (live)
Brand New - Jesus Christ
Jose Gonzalez - This Is How We Walked On The Moon
Melt Yourself Down - Fix My Life

And for sheer madness moments:
Morrow - Covenant Of Teeth

For what it's worth to anyone, whilst not music per se, I've also been listening to Charles Bukowski's poetry on YouTube, in part because whoever's chosen the backing music for these really hits the mark (for me), regardless of where it's lifted from:
It Is Your Life
Alone With Everybody

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
A local band just released their new video/single, and it's actually pretty good in a 90's rock kind of way. As I watched the video I realized I'm acquainted with several of the members of the band as well as the actress in the video. I hadn't realized this until I watched it yesterday and it came as a slightly weird but pleasant surprise.

Here it is:

Last edited by a moderator:

Addison

Auror
This is so nuts I have to post this.

My kid brother has been playing video games for hours. I suck at that game so I did not participate, instead allowing my brother's buddy and my kid sister to participate in the digital torture. First of all, video games-not nukes or cyber virus-will be the end of humanity. It turns my sweet siblings and their even more polite friend into vicious monsters.

At one point when my brother was FINALLY losing (he's kinda the magnet that draws other to play) he started blasting Luke Bryan, and Fall Out Boy. All of a sudden he starts a video game massacre. It got to a point where my sister and their guest dropped their remotes and started playing on their phones. I actually heard them say, "If he ever turns on songs while playing, we leave.". They were still in the room when my brother said, "Wait, you figured it out?!". Yeah, I'm weeping for humanity.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
The Cure is always excellent :D

On another end of the spectrum, non-descript video, but great song.

[video=youtube_share;QOa4XEK2mLA]https://youtu.be/QOa4XEK2mLA[/video]

Steerpike

Felis amatus
If The Cave doesn't do it for you...well then, here is

SNAKES FOR THE DIVINE

[video=youtube_share;w4pvC8eaNlQ]https://youtu.be/w4pvC8eaNlQ[/video]

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Putting the finishing touches to a new mix-set in my Magical Mixtape series (that's the one I'm most serious about these days), and while it's not quite ready for release yet, this will definitely be the ending track of it:

Reaver

Staff
The Cure is always excellent :D

On another end of the spectrum, non-descript video, but great song.

[video=youtube_share;QOa4XEK2mLA]https://youtu.be/QOa4XEK2mLA[/video]

This is great! It's like Tool and Pantera had a child who was raised by Danzig... I have to find The Cave on iTunes now.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
It's that time again. I'm starting a new story, and I've picked out a soundtrack for my main character.

The songs are:
1. Clawfinger - Biggest & The Best
2. The Phantom of the Opera
3. VNV Nation - Beloved
4. Depeche Mode - Wrong
5. Empathy Test - Here Is The Place

It's a lot of sad/dark songs, but Roy is a sad and dark character.
As always when I do this I put up a blog post with links to the videos for the songs as well as comments on why I picked those particular songs. It's here: Soundtrack for a Fading Champion ? s v r t n s s e

Also, here's a live version of the fifth track:

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I listen to Moodswings pretty regularly these days, along with Herbert, UV321, K&D, and for jazz it's Mingus, brother Miles, Thelonius Monk, Dave Brubeck's early stuff, Coltrane, Duke Ellington, and John McLaughlin.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Saw Streetlight Manifesto last night. That was great fun, at least once I got my daughter off the floor after being twice trampled in the ridiculous mosh pit. After the second time she fell, she realized that my original advice about being in that section was good, and we retreated further back into the venue. First time she's been at a show with a largely punk audience :D

Aurora

Sage
It's that time again. I'm starting a new story, and I've picked out a soundtrack for my main character.

The songs are:
1. Clawfinger - Biggest & The Best
2. The Phantom of the Opera
3. VNV Nation - Beloved
4. Depeche Mode - Wrong
5. Empathy Test - Here Is The Place

It's a lot of sad/dark songs, but Roy is a sad and dark character.
As always when I do this I put up a blog post with links to the videos for the songs as well as comments on why I picked those particular songs. It's here: Soundtrack for a Fading Champion ? s v r t n s s e

Also, here's a live version of the fifth track:
Oh I love Depeche Mode. Nice list.

Addison

Auror
The latest awesome piece from Peter Hollens. So cool, and funny. Kinda made me think of writing, so many different character and genres blending together to make this.