• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
2463be5c25b37e113b40cc4e06b37b1c.jpg

Re: recent post.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
...and back to the program. Also, I back at work again. It's a morning of dark progressive house (doesn't have anything to do with prog rock that I'm aware of). Preparing to put a new mix-set together and going through the tracks I've selected for it so that I'll get to know them a little better. Here's one example:

Last edited by a moderator:

Insolent Lad

Maester
Despite being a musician myself (or maybe because of it), I can not stand to listen to music while I work. Terribly distracting! When I find free time to listen, it tends to be heavy on Classical these days --- anything from Renaissance to Contemporary.

Aside from that, I mostly listen to the recordings of my friends in the folk music community (and do attend festivals when able).

C

Chessie

It's been suggested to me that I lengthen 3 love scenes in my WIP. Guess it's r&b day then:

I like listening to music while working. Somehow, it helps keep me focused. Generally speaking, I go on YouTube and let autoplay do its thing while saving the ones I particularly like. :D

Malik

Auror
I have a shelf full of old 60's Motown and Stax vinyl, some of it from my mother. My father says I was likely conceived to James's "Man's Man's Man's World."

C

Chessie

I'll see your Mary J Blige and raise you.
I love Marvin Gaye! How'd you know? :D

Writing about curses and witches means I need the proper music. Not sure if I've shared this one before:

ABrandt

Acolyte
Hi everyone, new to the forum here! I listen to mostly progressive metal and death metal. I draw a lot of inspiration from the bands Opeth and Insomnium to help get my creative juices flowing.