1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

What do you listen to?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Elder the Dwarf, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Demesnedenoir

Demesnedenoir Istar

I like it. I’ll date myself just a little… not as if Wikipedia doesn’t out my age anyhow… I was around for the release of The Number of the Beast and have several Eddie graphic albums stashed around somewhere, LMAO.

2. S J Lee

S J Lee Inkling

Check out the video for the single! Like it or not, they sure as hell didn't take the easy way out . . . that looks like proper animation with work (and money) put into it.

Modxus likes this.
  3. Demesnedenoir

Demesnedenoir Istar

New to my list: Heilung. excellent writing music for my psyche.

Steerpike likes this.
  4. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

It's impossible to go wrong with Maiden.

5. S J Lee

S J Lee Inkling

That might be going a bit TOO far...! Some weak Maiden albums here and there over the years...maybe Virtual XI etc were below par. Though few IM fans will AGREE about which ones were best or worst! ME, I think Number of the Beast is a bit overrated . . . Steve Harris himself admits it was rushed, and Gangland and Invaders are hardly first class IM songs...? And for me, 7th Son was the classic, the one that was never bettered!

6. Steerpike

Even the ones that are relatively weak in their catalog are worth a listen, however. Virtual XI may be the weakest (except, heck, the Clansman). I liked X Factor, though Blaze's solo work is better than his work with Maiden (especially his Infinite Entanglement trilogy). Killers is probably my favorite album for nostalgia reasons, but for me a whole bunch of their albums cluster together in excellent quality right after that :)

Reaver likes this.
  7. Ned Marcus

Ned Marcus Inkling

Recently, John Dowland lute music. Laid back Renaissance music to write to.

Demesnedenoir likes this.
  8. So I listen to a wide range of music. I have a mix of several genres it all just depends on my mood.

9. A. E. Lowan

A. E. Lowan Forum Mom Leadership

I drafted the last half of our newest release to this playlist, and thought I'd share. It's all instrumental (mostly) music geared toward writers and other creatives.

Epic Soundtracks - YouTube

S.T. Ockenner likes this.
  10. Arkhasil89

Arkhasil89 Acolyte

I mostly listen to a bunch of different kinds of metal, but folk/world music as well as industrial are also on constant rotation in my playlists.

11. Kittie Brandybuck

Kittie Brandybuck Minstrel

This might be controversial, but I love almost all trendy pop music. I also love the songs from Disney's Encanto.

pmmg and A. E. Lowan like this.
  12. A. E. Lowan

A. E. Lowan Forum Mom Leadership

Disney girl here. Not controversial at all. I'm also a huge K-pop fan.

13. KestrelDC

KestrelDC Dreamer

It's hard to pin down an exact description of the full picture of what I like to listen to, because it's just kinda whatever I end up liking and can be a bit all over the place lol. I generally say pop because a lot of it either is in that genre or at least is similarly energetic. Though a lot of it kinda veers off from there, like Mumford and Sons, Shinedown, Three Days Grace.... but then I'll listen to The Script, Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift, etc. I like to imagine my own sorta mental music video things based on my characters and stories, so that definitely factors in and can make me love a song that seemingly comes out of left field for me to be into lmao. For me, both the sound and the lyrics are important.

Steerpike likes this.
  14. Steerpike

It’s all good KestrelDCKestrelDC. I listen to big band, opera, jazz, blues, pop, old school country, death metal, black metal, folk, industrial, classical, reggae, punk, any sub genre of metal, really, and just about anything else put out by talented musicians.

15. i like all kinds of music but my favorite bands are cold play , muse inmagine dragons , dave mattew band i like some indie pop and oldies

16. Demesnedenoir

Demesnedenoir Istar

Lately, I've turned to the Pogues' Hell's Ditch to get my blood flowing, then switch off to my more traditional Enigma once in the groove, heh heh.

17. Stanley

Stanley Acolyte

Currently listening to Soldier by Bunkface

18. Aldarion

Aldarion Inkling

Currently mostly Abney Park.

Gurkhal likes this.
  19. S.T. Ockenner

S.T. Ockenner Istar

I've been enjoying Hallowed be Thy Name by Iron Maiden

20. Nighty_Knight

Nighty_Knight Minstrel

I have been jamming to Beast in Black lately. Great if you love powermetal and 80s music.