• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

Ghost

Inkling
I like the Russian song, Rikilamaro. I've heard of Alexander Rybak because he does a version of "Kupalinka" but I wasn't familiar with any of his other songs. Have you heard of Skryabin? I'm not sure if I've linked to them before or not. They're a fun band.

Since I mentioned Rio en Medio in another thread, I ought to link to one of her songs. I really enjoy ethereal, folky kind of music. People who like music like Bat for Lashes might like this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Martinus

Scribe
I'm sort of an old-school rocker. The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Electric Light Orchestra, Styx, etc... I listen to some 80s and 90s stuff now and then (I have Cheap Trick playing on the Media Player right now), and Matthew Sweet is great. I can't stand Rap, and I generally avoid Metal.

I have been known to settle down with some Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra at times, along with some Classical.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Nice way to update a traditional piece. The original is called "Märk hur vår skugga," apparently. Candlemass put their own spin on it.

My username on Last.fm is the same as it is here. Does anybody else have an account there?

Me! I got it via X-BOX.

My fave music is anything Taylor Swift and my favourite song, since I was a little kid, is Welcome to My Life by Simple Plan. I'm sorry to any Beiber fans out there but I hate him :) Not a big fan of pop. My 2nd fave song is Green Fields of France by the Dropkick Murphy's and I love Nickleback.

Wynnara

Minstrel
There's busking and then there's these guys. I was actually so impressed when I saw them on the street that I bought their CD on the spot. They get their name--Sons of Granville--from Granville St. in downtown Vancouver where they can frequently be found.

Neurosis

Minstrel
I listen to lots of old school prog rock (Yes, King Crimson, Floyd, Rush) as well as a spattering of European folk music and classical music. My main genre of interest is Metal, specifically Death Metal and various avant-garde variations. I'm actually the vocalist in a metal band: Meridian - The Sun (+ Lyrics) [HD] - YouTube

FireBird

Troubadour
Just generally I love anything and everything by Thrice.
If I'm writing I will listen to music that is symphonic in nature with very light or no lyrics.

FireBird

Troubadour
Just generally I love anything and everything by Thrice.

If I'm writing I will listen to music that is symphonic in nature with very light or no lyrics.

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Goodness! It's been too long since someone posted in this thread. I will fix that! Mwahahaha!