• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Who shall be crowned the Mythic Scribes overlord?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Puss in Boots (11)
Solomon Kane (11)

The movement causes Solomon to overbalance, and he falls flat on his rear end. Thankfully, not on top of el gato.

OGone

Troubadour
Puss in Boots, still hanging to Solomon's shoulder, compresses the innards of his throat, stirring up a massive furball like a tumbleweed. BLEURGH he fires the missile of damp fur directly into Solomon Kane's ear.

Puss in Boots (11)
Solomon Kane (9)

Last edited:

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Puss in Boots (11)
Solomon Kane (8)

Solomon screams and flails in disgust, tripping and smacking his head on the wall in his urgency to get the hairball out of his ear.

Chilari

Staff
Puss in Boots (11)
Solomon Kane (7)

Puss somersaults back with great style and lands with a bow and a flourish. He takes up his rapier, and with Kane dazed Puss cuts a "P" into his shin.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Puss in Boots (10)
Solomon Kane (6)

Suddenly a tornado strikes. Puss digs his claws onto the doorjam of a nearby coffee shop. Solomon tries to take cover inside the building, but a powerful gust hurls the free smaples plate through the door as he attempts to enter. The plate breaks against his face, and there's a sharp pain way up his left nostril.

Lying flat on his back, he watches the world upside-down. The funnel cloud passes him by.

When it's safe enough to resume the fight, Solomon stands. He tries to wipe the blood from his nose, but hurts himself. A stick? He pulls the stick out of his nose, and finds it's a sign that was planted in one of the free scones.

The sign says,
"Help Yourself!"

Chilari

Staff
Then Reaver goes all Super Saiyan and uses his Super Kamehameha, reducing Puss in Boots and Solomon Kane to atoms.

REAVER FTW...

Well, that put an end to that battle. Reaver wins and progresses to the next round! Which pairing is next then?

(Though honestly, I think a lot of us had bored of this battle; there's not much to say for it beyond what's been said so originality is tricky. Perhaps future battles should be out of 10 hit points so they move more swiftly?)

glutton

Inkling
Puss in Boots (9)
Solomon Kane (6)

Odin with a wave of his hand undoes everything Reaver did, restoring Puss and Solomon to life and returning the state of the battlefield to what it was just after the tornado.

Solomon then picks up the sign God sent him and swats Puss with it.

Spider

Sage
The Reaver (100)
Odin (14)

Reaver laughs. "Fool, you can't simply undo what I have done."

"I can't?" Odin shifts uncomfortably.

Reaver snaps his fingers, and the two contestants revert to atoms. Odin backs away.

"And as for you..." He mutters something under his breath, and Odin shrinks to the size of a pepper shaker. "That should show you not to mess with THE REAVER!"

:wavespin:

(I agree that the battles should be shorter. Maybe even 7 or 8 hit points since there are so many rounds. Puss should progress to the next round, though. He was obviously winning.)