• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

BearBear

Archmage
You ask me to do the impossible. If I expect it then it is not the unexpected anymore. How can I solve this problem?

The impossible is only impossible because you believe it is impossible. Forget what you know to be true and the possibilities are endless.

I said expect the unexpected and you're reality will be unexpected. Expect anything and there are no limitations or conundrums.

Beliefs comfort us, ground us, relieve us from worry, and unburden us from thinking, but they also bind us, blind us, control us, defame us, limit us, and keep us trapped. Unchain your mind, remove the shackles of conditioning, and deprogram your thinking. Do this and you will experience true freedom, true joy, where the unimaginable becomes commonplace, and impossible no longer holds dominion over you.

How? Well, the beginning is awakening, a method is shadow work. Wake up to the possibilities, I have yet to find a downside past the dark night of the soul. But be ready to face your demons, be wary of what the third eye will show you.

"The root of suffering is attachment." - The Buddha.

Arachne

Dreamer
I believe you. Not absolutely, though. Maybe 90% or so.

Being open to all possibilities frees you from attachments, at least partly. I agree it relieves you from unnecessary suffering in more than one way.
But then again, there are attachments that season life making it easier to bear the necessary suffering.

There is no absolute freedom, anyway, regardless of how many inner demons you face.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
If you practice hard and play well, you might win getting to make the last post on this page, but after that there is not much. The winner has never been in doubt.

BearBear

Archmage
I believe you. Not absolutely, though. Maybe 90% or so.

Being open to all possibilities frees you from attachments, at least partly. I agree it relieves you from unnecessary suffering in more than one way.
But then again, there are attachments that season life making it easier to bear the necessary suffering.

There is no absolute freedom, anyway, regardless of how many inner demons you face.
I agree with you here, removing all attachments is like salad without dressing.

Win what?

A sharp new pair of pants, but they were already claimed, sorry. Now it's all for the prestige.

Also, the last post on a page means nothing but letting the dragon believe that helps season his life. Like salt on chips. (He doesn't actually win though, shhhh)

There are also three official hidden ways to win based on previous incarnations of this thread on other sites:

1. Last post longest. Straight up the last post for the longest period of time.

2. Most posts. Self explanitory.

3. Last post cumulative time. Summing the time between your last post and the next for all posts.

The counters do not ever reset.
The official winner is only called if a by date is specified or range of dates or if the thread is closed.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I agree with you here, removing all attachments is like salad without dressing.

A sharp new pair of pants, but they were already claimed, sorry. Now it's all for the prestige.

Also, the last post on a page means nothing but letting the dragon believe that helps season his life. Like salt on chips. (He doesn't actually win though, shhhh)

There are also three official hidden ways to win based on previous incarnations of this thread on other sites:

3. Last post cumulative time. Summing the time between your last post and the next for all posts.

The counters do not ever reset.
The official winner is only called if a by date is specified or range of dates or if the thread is closed.
Cool story, but the winner is me.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
All these explanations are silly. Dragon has been winning since the first page. The rest of you are just spinning your wheels.

pmmg

Myth Weaver

These all look like consolation prizes. There's not much to add. The dragon clearly has this one in the bag.

Last edited:

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Anyone want to play tic tac toe? I'll start. (just quote and change the dot for an O).

X