• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well...I can only attest then, that nothing appears to have changed on the site for me.

Who doesn't like fall? Its the best. Red and yellow colors, crunchy leaves, not too cold yet. What more could you want?

Mr. M. L.

Troubadour
I enjoy fall, definitely the best weather at that time where I live. I know I won't be popular for saying this, but I'm not a fan of Halloween and think fall would be much better without it.

BearBear

Archmage
Although another great season, and I do like Christmas, winter does not have the best rock climbing weather which is a big point against it in my book. Maybe the only point against it, but it's a big one.

Here it's rock climbing weather all year. No snow or frost or and it can be as much as 80 in January but the highs in January average 60's which is still fine for rock climbing. Plus we have a lot of mountains and hills even within sight of the coast.

BearBear

Archmage
Yeah cow-lee-forn-yah but slowly becoming a 3rd world country unto itself. It'll get worss before people finally have had enough. The crime and drug epidemics are currently out of control. The legislation has lost their minds with everything from road diets to homeless housing in hotel vacancies to encampments in front of elementary schools to bad education to high immigration to high tax to restrictions and mandates and new laws that are nearly untenable. And if you think this'll stop at California and New York, think again, we're coming for you next.

Other than that, couldn't be better. Weather, culture, activities, people are generally friendly, it's pretty clean in most places outside blighted city centers, skid rows and ghettos it's a paradise. I've been in beach communities all my life.

Aleshe

Troubadour
That's where I am too but I'm not in the same city as BB. It's cool here, I don't know about any epidemics though. I think BB's taking things too personally.

Mr. M. L.

Troubadour
I actually live here as well, but it sounds like you're in the southern part of the state bear. I'm up north, though not high enough for it to snow (which is kind of sad) but too cold most of the time for outdoor climbing. And most of the good places to climb close by do get snow.

BearBear

Archmage
Northern California huh? Oregon lite. Beautiful up there though.

I take things personally because I personally live here.

1328e3e47ba012a6d3a555a953eb0429b0c07a796dbb8f27f0ee213a48e3b401_1.jpg

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I am not sure if I know their songs or not. Just learned Billy Corgan was the lead for them. I remember him from Guitar Hero ;)

Shows how much I know.

BearBear

Archmage
I just saw a Howard Stern interview of Billy yesterday where he said someone shapeshifted in front of him in a way he can't explain, and it happened twice with the same person.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
The definitive ranking of seasons is: 1. Winter because of christmas and new year's, 2. Autumn because the weather is great for running, 3. Summer, for barbecues, swimming and sitting outside drinking riesling into the night, then 4. Spring.

As for Halloween and such, I have little interest. Over here it's just an excuse for drunken theme parties with a "murica!" veneer. Prefer 4th of July for the Murica vibes, because the local soldiers stationed here fly their planes through the skies on that date. We already wear costumes during carnival season, so little desire on my part to partake in a shorter, less populous and spookier version of it.

Last edited:
Okay, for me it goes: Autumn, specifically October. End of the gardening season, bulbs planted, cosy days inside focusing on projects, it’s like a new year. Spring: the beginning of the gardening season, bulbs starting to appear, mass seed sowing and those breezy days when you can get away without a coat for the first time in months. Then Winter: a time for reflection. The quiet time where everything is sleeping. Christmas Day is overrated, Christmas Eve is where it’s at. Wreath making. My birthday. The summer: as a gardener maybe this should be the time where I get the most excited but I hate the heat. This summer has been great honestly, no droughts or disgustingly hot sticky weather.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Slander! Horrid slander! If you celebrate it right, Christmas is three days of feasting, drinking and enjoying quality time with friends and family. Christmas eve alone is not enough to drink sufficient amounts of icewine and glühwein, nor eat vol au vent, marzipan and amuse-bouches aplenty! It's not even enough time to scrape and consume a tête de moine in full. And where oh where do you slot in the annual viewing of Christmas films in a mere eve? I see you did not include boxing day into your description of Christmas, that's mistake number one! Christmas ought be a week not an eve!
Christmas Day is overrated, Christmas Eve is where it’s at.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I dont know....Think Christmas with Finchbearer sounds more fun.
Heretic. I spit spoiled icewine in your general direction.

I might be slightly partial to Christmas. As for Spring, I think no longer having to wear a coat would be a major downside of the season for me instead of a bonus. Part of the joy of winter for me is that it's finally cold enough that I can wear two layers of clothing without overheating.

Christmas Eve is more special when you’re part Austrian, you get a present, and the food is off the charts better than a basically beefed up Sunday roast. Lebkuchen is the taste of Christmas for me. And as for films, Muppets Christmas Carol obviously! Christmas Day is always a bit of an anti climax and Boxing Day is just sit and eat leftovers day, then before long it’s clear away all the decorations. Christmas Eve is the anticipation and the specialness of Christmas all rolled into one. Silent Night or Stille Nacht is the most beautiful carol. I do like a Christmas Day walk though.