• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello There!

I was searching for writing forums that were mroe geared towards the fantasy genre and I discovered this wonderful site and I decided to join. :) Very glad to be here. :)

I'm a 22-year old, aspiring urban/modern fantasy writer who wishes to improve my writing, learn how to develop my characters further, better my world-building skills, and conduct research to embellish my story/plot and understand the publishing process while spending my time on these forums. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Giant

Minstrel
Welcome to the site. There is a ton of information here to help you a long. And, if you cannot find it just ask.

fleamailman

Closed Account
I was searching for writing forums that were more geared towards the fantasy genre and I discovered this wonderful site and I decided to join. Very glad to be here. I'm a 22-year old, aspiring urban/modern fantasy writer who wishes to improve my writing, learn how to develop my characters further, better my world-building skills, and conduct research to embellish my story/plot and understand the publishing process while spending my time on these forums. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

(and then suddenly the goblin appeared once more, read through the well written post, sipped his coffee, thought about it, and simply suggested something in his usual muttering dyslexic way, saying "...well now, why not practice your works within your posts, for if the forum tells you to write like other do, leave quietly, where again if someone takes offense at the way you have chosen to write, smile at them politely and write on regardless, knowing full well that the artists who you admire today learned well their art first but then branched off into their own style from there, so yes, you might die penniless by being individual now, but even so, isn't that honesty towards your works still better than living as some run of the mill writer who as conformed for fame and fortune sake...", and yes, the goblin in his soliloquy here was mostly addressing himself once more, so to make amends hailed for the forum doors to be flung wide open, saying "...you'll stay for tea won't you, we do lavish attention on anyone new here...")

hey !
same with me...new to site..
so which book u r now working on..?

Oh dear, I apologize for responding to your post so late (real life always manages to get a hold of me and refuses to let go). I'm working on an urban-fantasy/action-adventure fantasy novel that is also supposed to serve as a coming of age story as well. :)

(and then suddenly the goblin appeared once more, read through the well written post, sipped his coffee, thought about it, and simply suggested something in his usual muttering dyslexic way, saying "...well now, why not practice your works within your posts, for if the forum tells you to write like other do, leave quietly, where again if someone takes offense at the way you have chosen to write, smile at them politely and write on regardless, knowing full well that the artists who you admire today learned well their art first but then branched off into their own style from there, so yes, you might die penniless by being individual now, but even so, isn't that honesty towards your works still better than living as some run of the mill writer who as conformed for fame and fortune sake...", and yes, the goblin in his soliloquy here was mostly addressing himself once more, so to make amends hailed for the forum doors to be flung wide open, saying "...you'll stay for tea won't you, we do lavish attention on anyone new here...")

And the girl escaped the foul clutches of real life responsibilities and read the good goblin's advice. She found the advice sound and good, and vowed to herself to follow the wise goblin's words. And she also smiled at the goblin's offer for tea and entered the forum doors, the welcome and the aura of camaraderie washing over her.

Edit: Thanks to everyone else for the warm welcome! :D

Chilari

Staff
Oh, I didn't spot this thread before. Welcome! I look forward to seeing your contributions in the various interesting discussions in the forums.

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Hello and welcome, Risha Fidda. If you're keen to improve you're writing technique, you're on the correct path. Keep writing; nothing substitutes for good old-fashioned word crunching. Exercise that gray matter and your fingers. And if you do need a little help, we're just full of advice here. We're like literary PEZ-dispensers. Pop the top, tasty good revealed.

Reaver

Staff
Welcome to Mythic Scribes, Risha Fidda! I'm certain you'll find everything you're looking for here.:)