1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

How did you discover Mythic Scribes?

Discussion in 'Ask the Staff' started by Black Dragon, May 2, 2011.

1. I came across it on FB (I think -- that may have been a while ago), then on Twitter, then on Goodreads, and that -- at last -- let me here.

That was kind of an epic journey in itself, now that I think about it. Glad to have at last found the Grail!

2. Svrtnsse

Svrtnsse Staff Article Team

I googled "fantasy writer forum". :)

3. HabeasCorpus

HabeasCorpus Minstrel

I believe I googled a question that was addressed somewhere on the forums.

4. Scribe Lord

Scribe Lord Minstrel

Google. Such a useful search engine.

5. HabeasCorpus

HabeasCorpus Minstrel

As my old soccer coach used to tell us whenever we did something right - "Useful that!"

6. SilentNight

SilentNight Acolyte

Google. Solves everything.

7. Breezybealle

Breezybealle Dreamer

I actually just did a google search for writing forums and this was the fourth or fifth one down

8. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Minstrel

I cant remember what I googled exactly, but it was Google that led me to this fantastic community.

9. Rhizanthella

Rhizanthella Sage

I believe I was getting really lonely as a writer and needed someone to talk to about all the fantasy writing entails. I must have typed something into search on facebook and I thought this said Mystic Scribes. Yep, that was for me. After a while I realized it was Mythic Scribes which still rolls smoothly. :) from there, I gave up facebook but couldn't give up my new friend, so I joined the site!

10. KRHolbrook

KRHolbrook Scribe

I'm pretty sure all I did was google "writing forums" and it popped up somewhere along the list.

11. Tevaras

Tevaras Minstrel

Very droll, and amusing :)

12. Tevaras

Tevaras Minstrel

Regrettably I'm going to buck the common trends, I was introduced by word of mouth of an existing member - name censored to protect the, err, innocent :wink:

Thoroughly enjoying the site, so many articles, so little time ...

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  13. dragonspritz

dragonspritz Acolyte

I find this website out from googling something along the lines of "fantasy" and "world"

I was finding resources for world building, really.

14. Sia

Sia Sage

I honestly can't remember. I can see two plausible ways though

1)Stumbled here from a search engine
    2) Member on another site threw me over here.

15. Scribble

Scribble Archmage

On Twitter I follow any SFF writers, magazines, reviews, etc... I come across. I found Mythic Scribes along the way like this, and clicked through an article, found the forums.

It was exactly what I was looking for: a community where I could exchange ideas and not feel like such a lonely geek as I dream up stories about alchemy and artificial intelligence. :)

16. Spider

Spider Sage

How did I discover Mythic Scribes? I explored the web, of course. ;)

Lunaairis and Ireth like this.
  17. Tirjasdyn

Tirjasdyn Scribe

Hello,

The Googles told me when I searched for Fantasy Writer while looking for something inspirational.

18. phillipsauthor

phillipsauthor Minstrel

Like Scribble, I first found MythicScribes on Twitter, and it was only after a month or two of following the Twitter feed that I realized that it was associated with a website. After that discovery, it took less than five minutes to realize what an awesome place this is and sign up. :)

19. I was looking to Join a community where i could get some advice on writing.
    im thinking of writing my first novel from scratch, and figured i could use the advice :)

20. Julius

Julius Acolyte

Simply through the wonders of Google. I was searching for a cool place to hang out.