• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2015 Thread

Tom

Istar
1426 for me. I got off to a good start yesterday, but I seem to be slacking a bit. At least I've hit some interesting spots. On a side note, Southerner seems to be taking a darker turn than usual. I've noticed a new creeping sense of eeriness cropping up, at least in passages concerning the Fey. I like it.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Today brings the total to 3850 words, or all of Chapter 6. But now I'm running into a snag with Chapter 7. Things that were supposed to happen then have already taken place...with a couple of exceptions. Chapter 7 might be real short.

Still, good progress thus far, though it can't last.

C

Chessie

2052 for me today. I'm a day behind due to my laziness yesterday but I'll catch up. :) Good job everyone, these numbers are looking good.

Gryphos

Auror
I'm done for day 2, having written quite a nice figure of 2388 words which brings my grand total to 7967. In addition, it looks like I'm working on an average of a chapter a day! That's bangin.

I'm just trucking along. Which is fine by me. I just need to do it. Don't care if its good. I can scrap it all next month if I want to.

I'm at 5,449 words.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
You guys are all doing so well!

I'm at about 722 right now, probably won't make 1000 for the day, but they're good words so I'm happy. On to tomorrow!

teacup

Auror
I only started writing at 4:10am today. I was out drinking in a nightclub for a friend's birthday and was busy earlier in the day so I hadn't written anything. I got home and started writing, still drunk. I got 876 words in about an hour, but got too tired so had to stop. That's 876 words more than I expected today, so I'm happy, despite it being below the minimum target for a day.

Now on 7175 total.

C

Chessie

It's so nice seeing everyone do so great! Me...not so much. I got 1k in today. It's just been the most frustrating day. One damn thing after another and I didn't get to write until 7pm. Also, my husband ended up having to miss work because we got snowed in so yep...that made it difficult to write. For some weird ass reason, I absolutely can't write if he's awake in the house. He leaves me alone to my devices and doesn't bother me at all. But I can't write unless he's asleep or gone. That's something I need to get over and it makes me really angry. Not only am I behind on my NaNo work, but also in my ghosting work. UGH. I'm going to bed early and getting up tomorrow to get this shit done. Got my dictation device ready, too. I'm banging it out in the thousands tomorrow.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Ugh. Snow today made work a prolonged pain, and snow blowing the driveway when I got home prolonged the pain even more. And tomorrow...ugh.

Still. sitting at 5320 words total so far. Did all of Chapter 7 today. It mutated from the outline towards the end, and the way it ended...will have to be dealt with, though maybe not directly.

Gryphos

Auror
Today was disappointing af. I had a headache and just couldn't get into the swing of things, so I only managed to do 450 words. Good thing I built up enough of a lead so I'm still on track.

still just trucking, put in 1,717 words today bringing me up to 7,166 total.

favorite line of today being;

Azul threw himself across the bar, and knocked over the salt and pepper shakers and grabbed Asar by the collar of his plain green golf shirt, "You wanna go, little bird?"

"Think you can take me, big bird?" Asar smiled. It was a sly thing that cut his face like a dagger.

Nimue

Auror
Psst, you should post in the snippets thread!

From another perspective, I put in about 400 words yesterday and 700 words today, and thought that very respectable, for me. Finished an important scene. But while I'm getting back into it, and enjoying it on a personal level, I can't help realizing that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. And also I don't know if any of this actually works ??

Oh hey, crippling self-doubt, where have you been? Just waiting around the corner? Cool, cool...

Last edited:

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Ugh. Today was something of a triple whammy. First, as expected, work was brutal. Took far longer than expected. Second, a book I'd ordered weeks ago finally arrived, so I spent some time reading instead of writing. Third, I am fast approaching a plot/character snag.

Over the past couple of weeks, a female character who has yet to appear (but whose appearance is mandatory, as she is the arranged bride to be of the MC) has gone from nonentity to firebrand to imposter/assassin to schemer. Keep going round and round on this one. Don't even know if she survives the next few chapters. But I guess: write and find out.

That said, with the triple whammy, I managed a mere 800 words today, bringing the total up to 6100.

Tomorrow should be easier all the way around.

C

Chessie

2100 today. I'm still behind though by one day. The cool part is that I'm waiting for my Dragon Naturally Speaking order to come in so I can dictate my words from now on, considering my tablet failed me this evening.

Gryphos

Auror
Woo, I passed 10,000 words today! If I keep on my current track of doing an average of 2000 words a day, I'll be done almost a week early.

teacup

Auror
The day after drinking I only managed 52 due to being too tired from it.
Today I made up for the past 2 days and wrote 3909 words in around 5 hours overall.
Now I'm on 11,137.

I would have kept going but it's 4am so nope. This keeps happening, stopping due to it being too late. I should really try starting early.

I was really slacking off today and only started writing around 11:30 pm and magically met quota at midnight. I guess a time limit really is enough incentive for me to get writing. Now if Only I could do 1,667 every half hour, then I'd be done my book in about a week.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I managed a mere 900 words today, most of that being additions to previous chapters. Reason is I'm slowly and painfully working out a resolution to the plot/character snag mentioned earlier - the arranged bride to be of the MC. At this point, I am considering introducing her earlier (Chapter 4, written last year), and having her keep to herself until Chapter 9, when its revealed she has relatives actively working with the enemy. (There is a long river journey between those chapters). I'll probably be fixing this over the next day or two.

Or, I'm taking a word count hit now to avoid a major rewrite later.

But I figure 7000 words at this point is not completely terrible.

C

Chessie

Everyone is doing so good here. Keep up the nice pace guys. :)

I got 3037 words in today, bringing my grand total to 8202. My right wrist is killing me and I had to put icy hot on it. Lol this old age and typing thing isn't going too well.

Last edited by a moderator: