• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2015 Thread

Addison

Auror
My NaNo is off on a crappy start. I haven't been able to write anything but a few flash fiction pieces during study breaks. HUGE test coming up, if I past then I can start my new job soon after. Right now I'm looking at a short cut (the study material is online and it has a printing option) so hopefully I'll be able to put in some words. I'm going to be breaking my keyboard as I put some together tonight. (Studying for 15 hours can really get the imagination running wild).

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I got 3037 words in today, bringing my grand total to 8202. My right wrist is killing me and I had to put icy hot on it. Lol this old age and typing thing isn't going too well.

Except you're my daughter's age, give or take a couple years.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Another 900 words tonight, mostly additions to earlier chapters to fix the plot/character problem. 7900 total, putting me more than a little behind. But, I'm set up for a few good sprints.

Starting to wonder just how long 'Labyrinth: Seed' is going to be. Originally, I'd thought maybe 60-65,000 words; at the moment its looking like it'll just barely top 50,000, plus the ending isn't so great. I might have to consider combining Seed with what was supposed to be the third book in the series.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I'm sitting at around 11k words, but they're edited and now I have to keep adding to the pile with a couple brand new scenes that are really rough conceptually. This is going to slow me down a lot. And I don't drink anything but water...so coffee isn't going to help me much, except to keep my cheering section awake tonight as I burn the midnight oil. I should get started right now, I suppose.

Nimue

Auror
Passed 1k today! Ah, weekends. I have the feeling I'd get a little more writing done if I didn't have a work week :B

I'm still not entirely sure about how well I wrote this scene, but I glanced through my draft from a couple years ago looking for pieces to cannibalize, and one thing is clear--it's way better than it was.

teacup

Auror
The nano site had a challenge to double your wordcount this saturday. I thought it was a crazy thing to attempt since my word count was 11,778, but did it anyway.
I succeeded. I reached 23,556.
But then I heard someone I know was aiming for 25k that same day. So of course I had no choice but to beat them.
I'm now on 25,814.
I wrote 14k in a day. 14K.

I started at 11am and finished at 5am, stopping now and then for breaks.
I'd keep going but it's 5am so I should really go to bed :|

My plan now is to write minimum wordcount tomorrow and spend the rest of the day planning as many chapters as I can.
Then monday I will repeat today and spend all day just writing.

Ok, time for bed now.
._.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Life happened. 1200 words today, bringing the grand total up to 9100. But I have tomorrow off, so I should do better.

Gryphos

Auror
teacup said:
The nano site had a challenge to double your wordcount this saturday. I thought it was a crazy thing to attempt since my word count was 11,778, but did it anyway.
I succeeded. I reached 23,556.
But then I heard someone I know was aiming for 25k that same day. So of course I had no choice but to beat them.
I'm now on 25,814.
I wrote 14k in a day. 14K.

Bruh......

Nimue

Auror
...I'm not sure my brain works fast enough to produce 14k words in a day, even if I was literally typing the first word that came to mind. Are you gonna move your word goal, or take it easier for the rest of the month?

teacup

Auror
...I'm not sure my brain works fast enough to produce 14k words in a day, even if I was literally typing the first word that came to mind. Are you gonna move your word goal, or take it easier for the rest of the month?

I was working from 11am to 5am, so I spent a lot of time on it, not like I got 14k out in 6 hours :p I ended up writing around 1k an hour usually, sometimes 1k took longer, and once only 37 minutes.

I've got the 2nd highest wordcount in my nano region right now and the guy in 1st is only 1k ahead of me and hasn't written anything for the past few days. I'm competitive so at this point I need to reach 50k as fast as possible because I want to be in 1st lol xD
Also Fallout 4 comes out on the 10th and I was going to wait til December to play it, but now I need to get 50k as soon as so I can play it sooner lol.

So I'm just going to take a full day to just kill myself with writing here and there. Planning to do it again monday, then probably thursday. If I succeed in doing that I'll be done by thursday's end. Then I will play Fallout 4 nonstop :D hahah

(This story might not even be long enough for 50k though :c I hope it is. We'll see.)

C

Chessie

WAY TO GO, Teacup! That's the most words I've read of anyone writing. Congratulations on a job well done! You're inspiring. :)

P.S.
I have no idea how I'm going to make it through the month with FO4 coming out. I'm on 3 deadlines plus NaNo...argh! :/

Gryphos

Auror
Man I'm slacking. My word counts have been getting lower and lower for the past three days. The only reason I'm still on track is that I got a good head start at the beginning.

teacup

Auror
WAY TO GO, Teacup! That's the most words I've read of anyone writing. Congratulations on a job well done! You're inspiring. :)

P.S.
I have no idea how I'm going to make it through the month with FO4 coming out. I'm on 3 deadlines plus NaNo...argh! :/

I saw your avatar and thought "uh oh"
November is the worst month for Fallout 4 to release hahah

pretty much all of this weekend I've been slacking because of pre-game hype, I've got my pip-boy phone app, my nuka-cola, my raider costume and dog- bird, my bird. :)

I always start slacking the weekend before a game comes out. the idea of using it as reward has never worked in the past for me. I just need it to come out and get through my system so I can get back on track.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
3000 words today, give or take a few. Finished Chapter 9, got a good start on Chapter 10, and made some minor revisions and corrections to prior chapters (hence the 'give or take a few.') 12,200 words total, almost back on track.

But its snowing, which means the snow blower might cut into my writing time tomorrow. I do have Wednesday off, but part of that day is dedicated to needed chores, and Thursday could be a killer. But I guess I'll just keep plugging away regardless. I get anywhere near 50k words, then this project is a personal success.

But what is this 'Fallout Four' everybody here seems to be yacking about?

Nimue

Auror
Hit 2100-ish words this weekend. This pace is working well for me--I hope I can keep it up beyond November. ^^

I've never played a Fallout game, nor, er, bought a game at release for full price, heheh. I'm immune! And a Steam Sale miser.

Last edited:

Tom

Istar
I reached a grand total of 7,343 yesterday, after mixing it up with the first raw paragraphs of a new short story. I was hitting a slow spot with Southerner and needed something to recharge with.

The idea for the short story hit me in the shower, and as usual I had to scramble to get the best parts down on paper before they faded away forever. Why can't I take a normal shower like everyone else?!

Nimue

Auror
I'd like to know how to take a normal shower too, and I'm sure my water bill would appreciate that...

Oh, did I mention that I got a sprawling idea for "what I'll write next" with a bunch of characters and drama and world creation? Oh my god brain, that's not even on the table right now. Thank goodness I have my NaNo so well pinned down, because my brainstorming power was diverted for a day or two there.

As far as recharging goes, I did take Friday off, and didn't feel too bad about it. Might be a good thing, as long as I continue to hit four digits on the weekend.

Reactions: Tom