• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2015 Thread

Tom

Istar
Whoo-hoo, 2,065 words! I didn't think I could make it, but here I am! *quietly dies*

Nimue

Auror
I managed to get past 1k. If that doesn't sound like much, keep in mind that my daily goal is 350. I take what I can get, sonny.

I am kind of unexpectedly excited. I shoved past a sticking place in my story, and felt that rhythm kick in again. I might not be a racehorse, but I'll get something out of this.

Tom

Istar
I just discovered that it's not really a good idea to read over what you just wrote. NOPE, NOT GONNA TOUCH IT, NOT GONNA EDIT, GOTTA RESIST TEMPTATION.

teacup

Auror
I wrote in 2 blocks today.
2 hours 28 mins - 1076 words
3 hours - 2500 words
Total of 5 hours 28 mins with 3576 words today.
I would do more but it's 5am so I shouldn't lol.

Great work so far everyone :D

C

Chessie

Hey, guys. I'm actually just sitting down to write now. Yeah...I've been watching reruns of The Walking Dead all day and going back through the comics. No reason. -_- Procrastination. That's the reason.

Anyway, I have my mead, my Fallout soundtrack playing in the background, 3k here I come!

teacup

Auror
Hey, guys. I'm actually just sitting down to write now. Yeah...I've been watching reruns of The Walking Dead all day and going back through the comics. No reason. -_- Procrastination. That's the reason.

Anyway, I have my mead, my Fallout soundtrack playing in the background, 3k here I come!
Nano is going to be hell this year with Fallout 4 released on the 10th lol. Try not procrastinating then!
Also I need to watch the latest ep of Walking Dead but it's 5:49am so nope, need sleep.

Good luck getting 3k, you can do it! :D

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
1840 words, written in three separated blocks of thirty minutes each, plus a few more minutes stolen here and there. Or all of Chapter Five. I'm shooting for a chapter a day, 25 or so chapters total (outline gets a bit murky past chapter 20). Don't think that'll happen, given I won't normally have time for three blocks.

(I wrote Chapters 1 - 4 last November and had to limit myself to minor edits instead of full rewrites.)

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
wrote in 2 blocks today.
2 hours 28 mins - 1076 words
3 hours - 2500 words
Total of 5 hours 28 mins with 3576 words today.
I would do more but it's 5am so I shouldn't lol.

5 am? For you, that's the second day.

teacup

Auror
5 am? For you, that's the second day.
SSSSHHHHH!

I'm not sure if it's cheating or not, but I'm just counting the days from when I wake up to when I sleep :p
Most of my writing will probably be done late at night to early morning, so this works better for me.

Last edited:
C

Chessie

Yeah, I totally didn't make my word count last night. I wrote a few hundred words and got distracted when my husband ordered pizza (seriously, it's been 3 months since I've had pizza). Anyway, sitting down to write this morning. My prose is terrible today but whatever.

Gryphos

Auror
I think I'm done for the day at 1716 words. A bit low compared to yesterday, but to be fair I did have stuff to do today, and I'm still reaching the daily target. So yay.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Late to the party. Yesterday was 1,890. Rewrote a battle scene.

Today's grand total so far is zero. I'm going to try to carve out some time this evening. It's 4pm here now, so I'd better sharpen my knives!

Tom

Istar
Okay, I'm almost crying here for this really ridiculous reason. I'm writing an important flashback scene where Tomrin is learning that he's half-Faerie for the first time, and the term for half-blood in his language also literally means "tainted one". And it just kind of hit me that the one word he has to use to identify a key part of himself to other speakers of his language also carries a negative connotation. And...that really makes me sad...

teacup

Auror
End of day 2, finishing at 2:30am, now on a total of 6299 words. I could have kept going but it's late and I have a Walking Dead episode to watch. I'm going to try writing much earlier in the day next time so I have more time to write.