• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2015 Thread

Zadocfish

Troubadour
A little over 3000 words today, now that I have discovered the magic of my brother's laptop and a very mood-positive lamp. For the first time, I've made the "Words today to finish on time" score, and I have more than 10,000 words now. I'm feeling good.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Another beast of a day, both at work and at the keyboard. Took me ages to get the words close to the movie in my skull, and I'm still not thrilled. Still managed a thousand words.

Tomorrow might be easier.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
A triple beast of a day in the real world. Issues at work. Issues with the vehicle. And I just got back in from snowblowing the driveway...in the dark.

Still, 1050 words. Still not done with Chapter 16 yet.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
The beastly days continue. Looks like I get to snowblow the driveway again tomorrow.

Still, 1300 words, despite a lack of enthusiasm. 29700 words total. Finished Chapter 16.

Ok, time for the rest of you to check in.

C

Chessie

Hi, everyone. Yes, I'm still writing and in this thing. :) I met one of my deadlines and the other two are at the end of the month. It's been ages since I updated my word count, but I'll win. Been playing a ton of Fallout so that's been great.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Another long bear of a day. Some books I'd ordered arrived, so I spent more time reading than writing. Just did 600 words.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Spent most of the day alternating between writing and reading the books which arrived yesterday. 2800 words total. Finished chapter 17, started chapter 18. 33100 words total. Chapter 17 was 3200 words, about three times longer than what I'd first thought.

The next few days look to be busy. Not sure how much progress I'll be able to make. But between Turkey Day and next Sunday, I should get pretty close to finished.

Now, how are the rest of you doing?

Did Teacup recover sufficient energy to finish his novella?

How's Fluffypoodel's project coming along?

Has Zadocfish made anymore headway?

Come on people, check in.

Nimue

Auror
I skipped two days this weekend, in part due to social stuff...in part due to turning my brain off and playing videogames. I'm within a few hundred words of my original 10k goal, but at the same time, I can't help but feel that the quality is slipping. And Lord, isn't 10k a laughable amount to struggle for like this?

*sigh*

Zadocfish

Troubadour
17K. Man, that 13 day handicap is killing me. 1700 words a day is easy; that's like, one scene per day. Now I have to write 4000 per day to stay in the game...

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
Sorry for falling off the board for a while. things have been a little hectic with me managing my time correctly. its been writing and grading for the past two weeks or so which almost sounds good if I had done them a little more evenly... lots of grading to do this thanksgiving!!!

Well, I was shooting for a 100,000 word this month. I just passed 54k after about four days where I felt like writing was the worst thing in the world. The crazy amount of outlining that I did prior to this has kept me on track as to what I want to accomplish in my story but how I've been doing it has been the problem. I think what really tied me up was writing a scene last Thursday that I had been dreaming up for about eight years. I tried writing it three times before settling on one that I didn't completely hate but even that was a bit of a downer. Wrote close to 2k today so we'll see where that leads me!

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I skipped two days this weekend, in part due to social stuff...in part due to turning my brain off and playing videogames. I'm within a few hundred words of my original 10k goal, but at the same time, I can't help but feel that the quality is slipping. And Lord, isn't 10k a laughable amount to struggle for like this?

*sigh*

11 K is what I managed over the July NaNo, due to real world concerns...some of which still persist.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
1500 words tonight.

This part of the novel might not hit 50,000 words. Outline only goes for another half dozen chapters, though there is a very strange POV I am considering adding. Those will be real short chapters, though, thousand words tops.

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
1,894 words written tonight. Struggling a little trying to transition back into the swing of it but I think i'm getting to a point where I can just cut loose again and see where the story takes me.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
As expected, today had 'issues.' Those issues continued into the writing; did most of two hundred words before realizing I'd taken a seriously wrong tack. Had to stop, go back, and rethink. A slight delay now to avoid a major rewrite later.

Still a couple significant plot elements I have to work out yet. (Have to figure out the specifics of a jail break, and how to put two very different woman on a hot air balloon. But I am also having second thoughts about that course. Hmm...)

But despite all that, I did manage a thousand words tonight (counting the error) and I have a ragged draft of chapter 18 wrapped up. The next couple chapters should be easier.

Zadocfish

Troubadour
I'm going to lose this year, I think... I'm at 21,000 and I have six of the busiest days of the year ahead of me.

Even so, crunching the numbers, I'm easily getting to 50,000 in 30 days; I've been averaging about 1800 words per day. Starting at day 13 was too brutal for a first time... Oh, well. I will have more self-respect if I finish by December 13 instead, even if I'm not a Winner.

I've kind of lost my life to fallout 4. But today I put down the controller and decided I needed to do some serious writing. I've done all of 468 words today and a lot of editing. After reading over my story so far, I feel much better about it. I'm losing Nano for sure. But I'm determined to get this story done.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I might write more before bedtime, but at the moment I'm sitting at 2500 words for the day. I'd hoped to hit 3000. 39300 total.

As best I can figure, I only have four or five chapters left to go. Which means I might finish the novel by the deadline and still be short on the word count for NaNo. (current best guess, unless I go with the really strange POV, is about 47,000 words for this portion of the tale and maybe 55,000 - 60,000 for the full novel. The strange POV might add 3000 - 5000 words to that.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Long, long day in the real world. Had difficulty getting started. Still...1100 words today, 40,400 total. Finished Chapter 20, did some preliminary notes for Chapter 21, which has some knotty plot issues.