• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New magic combate system

CommandJupiter

I'm currently making a new game and have an idea for a new magic system. Long story short players would have to build a spell on the spot using a combination of buttons that represent the spell path through the magic system currently it would posses 6 keys and 7 attributes allowing for over200k possible spells. Doing it this way restrains mages from moving while casting, allows for visual indication what spell your casting and allow player enemies a chance to cast a counter spell. This would also encourage people to play in groups with more physical combat type players. Just thinking what people think

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Sounds like it would need to be a computer game.

Aside from that, I think the system would be playable and have some suspense and strategy to it. It might turn out to be very cool.

Last edited:

CommandJupiter

Sounds like it would need to be a computer game.

Aside from that, I think the system would be playable and have some suspense and strategy to it. It might turn out to be very cool.
It wouldn't necessarily have to be a computer game since the spells would be a sequential combination it would be just like putting in old cheat codes on a console. Infact now that I think about it people who choose to use a controller might be at an advantage due to the fact that they use joysticks for movement allowing for quicker movement after casting