• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Arf, that sounds less than pleasant. I've been working as usual. Means I didn't have time to watch my Christmas movie (Phantom of the Opera) as planned, but I'll do that this weekend instead - or next year. I got to listen to Moominland Midwinter though, and that's the main thing.

C

Chessie

Phantom Of The Opera! Such a good movie. I've never read the book though.

Yeah, the worst part about this bug (besides rolling on the floor with stomach cramps) was that I couldn't hold our friend's newborn at Christmas dinner, which didn't stay down btw. :( *tear*

C

Chessie

Thanks, Tom. I hope you feel better too. Glad you're not making canvas art with your puke though!

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Istar
The good thing about not feeling well yesterday was that my grandmother didn't try to start an argument with me, which is a first! I think my tendency to look incredibly pissed off when I'm sick kept her away. My cousins and I played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on the old XBox in the basement for most of the afternoon. Just like old times...

Carrie Fisher died this morning at 60. I'm seriously in tears. She helped define my childhood. Star Wars was my first and biggest fandom. RIP you will be missed...:(

Tom

Istar
Of all the things that 2016 has taken from us, I didn't expect it to take Carrie. She seemed indomitable. Immortal. Larger than life. Leia and Carrie both have served as an inspiration for me all my life, and I can't believe that she's gone. That I'll never get to meet her in person and tell her just how much she means to me.

I'll miss you, Space Mom. May the Force be with you.

Saigonnus

Auror
My opinion is that 2016 is a mean-spirited dragon, that even in his death throes, has the strength to deprive us of things we love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saigonnus

Auror
Please don't compare this year to a dragon. I'm insulted.

My apologies, didn't mean to offend anyone. I also have always had an affinity for dragons.

Perhaps it is a hydra, the many heads weaving this way and that as their strength wanes.

Carrie Fisher's mom Debbie Reynolds just passed away too. Another victim of this sucky year. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeverinR

Vala
I wish everyone a happy New Year, I probably won't be back on until next year.

May all the rest of our beloved icons survive this year and the new year be prosperous and hopeful for all.

Tom

Istar
Why did I think trying to revive this old project was a good idea...I have no familiarity with the characters anymore, and the worldbuilding needs a complete overhaul. If the plot didn't have a ton of untapped potential, I wouldn't even bother.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I won't be on here to say it at the correct time. So Happy (early) New Year!

C

Chessie

Happy New Year's, Mythic Scribes! Here's to another year of learning and engaging discussions with our peers! :D