• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Rough WC for 2016 = 176,000. To which I can add another 5000+ words of outlines and notes for projects I didn't get too. Or about two novels worth.

But with SEVEN works in first draft state (or close to it), 2017 is going to have to be devoted mostly to rewrites.

Saigonnus

Auror
Not sure about my word count... probably close to 200,000 but Happy New Years to everyone and hope everyone can manage more words, more blessings and more good fortune than 2016!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

Chessie

I had NO idea George Michael died on Christmas. You have got to be kidding me! Who will I dance to now!?!?! RIP!

I just had a dream I was explaining how Moana was a hero's journey type of story to my two year old and he was responding with cogent questions as to why I was and what elements it was missing and how that enhanced the story. In real life he just talks about the fire monster monster fire (curse that claymation video for making him think all villains reverse their names) and how big the monster was.

So I called a snow day for myself. Woke up to an unexpected heavy snow, and I live in a rural area that doesn't get bladed quickly. Will trade today for Saturday as a "make-up" day for myself. Freedom. For now.

Tom

Istar
Why do my worldbuilding notes read like an anthropology textbook?!

(Complete with "this item was used ceremonially because we haven't figured out what it was actually used for" and "we're calling this a fertility idol but really it was probably a sex toy")

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
The barista at the cafe I'm writing at is wearing a dress that makes her look like a real life version of a character from one of my favourite books, but she's not a reader so the reference would be lost on her. - First world writer problems. ;)

Edit: Kinda like this - complete with the bun on the head.
mymlan_50144819.jpg

Last edited:
C

Chessie

I seriously can't stop giggling my way through this scene, which can be referred to as "Good Vibrations" (wassup Marky Mark!).

:p Ugh. Geesh.

Lazy days. During this holiday season I bought myself a decent but inexpensive laptop, and on Friday I received the simple but decent adjustable laptop table I'd ordered, so I'm now sitting in bed writing rather than crouched over my desk. I could get very used to this.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Well, I have reached the 'just three more chapters' phase in the WIP. I tell myself: 'just three more chapters. 5000 words tops. I can knock this out in a week.'

Of course, one week, eight thousand words, and three chapters later, I am still telling myself 'just three more chapters.'

But maybe this time will be different. It's the climactic finale. I have to go a bit slow, because of the complexities.