• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or That?

@Reaver and Steerpike didn't mean to offend anyone, but the rule is made by Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) on the show- it postulates that people who hate ewoks must be over the age of 37 (sorry I was wrong about 32) because that would make them older than 10 (i think) when they saw The Return of the Jedi. Younger people loved them because, as Barney says, they "reminded us of our teddies" haha. If you google image the Ewok line it will pop up; the picture is pretty funny by itself.

Anyways, back to the question at hand: the one with two legs all the time, of course!

Who is the better Bob? Dylan or Marley

Bob Dylan hands down. I love, Forever Young!
Yes I am skipping the above poster because I have no idea what his options are... so his two still remain.

Last edited:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
@Reaver and Steerpike didn't mean to offend anyone, but the rule is made by Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) on the show- it postulates that people who hate ewoks must be over the age of 37 (sorry I was wrong about 32) because that would make them older than 10 (i think) when they saw The Return of the Jedi. Younger people loved them because, as Barney says, they "reminded us of our teddies" haha. If you google image the Ewok line it will pop up; the picture is pretty funny by itself.

Who is the better Bob? Dylan or Marley

Makes sense to me. I think I was 14 when Jedi came out. I remember hating the damned Ewoks and that they had turned the movie into a kid's show. If I had known "Greedo Shoots First" was on the horizon, I'd have just shut up and taken what I could get :)

I go with Dylan.

I also go with solo shooters. They're just a lot of fun for me, and I can jump on, play a few minutes, and jump back off with no problem.

MMORPGs or Single-Player RPGs?

Reaver

Staff
Makes sense to me. I think I was 14 when Jedi came out. I remember hating the damned Ewoks and that they had turned the movie into a kid's show. If I had known "Greedo Shoots First" was on the horizon, I'd have just shut up and taken what I could get :)

I go with Dylan.

I also go with solo shooters. They're just a lot of fun for me, and I can jump on, play a few minutes, and jump back off with no problem.

MMORPGs or Single-Player RPGs?

First of all, no offense taken,Elder. I was 11 when RotJ hit the big screen. Secondly, I must apologize to my fellow Star Wars geeks...the Ewok's home of Endor is a moon, not a planet, so I should've wrote that I wish that the Empire had used the Death Star to destroy their moon. (And Tatooine, home of the Jawas...which is a planet...;)

Finally to answer the Master of Gormenghast:

Single Player RPG's

The Dark Crystal or Labyrinth?

Last edited:
Dolphins. Swimming with them is freaking awesome. Ok, sorry to stick to sports, but I have to ask the most polarizing question that is facing the nation. This could cause a schism like none ever seen on this forum.

Tebow: love him or hate him (There is no in between!)

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I kissed a dolphin in Singapore. My poor wife! She always wanted to swim with dolphins, but couldn't volunteer to do so because she was pregnant at the time (and didn't want to risk getting sick due to walking around in wet clothes).

Since I can't be in-between, I'll have to go with the official New England stance. May you rot in Hell, Tebow. Your infraction: being a quarterback for a team further from my home than another team. For that, your soul must be raped for all of eternity.

I feel so small. Next time, can I just dislike the guy from the other team? Or maybe... love the player, hate the team?

Don't answer that.

Answer THIS:
Best moustache: Mario or Mike Haggar?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Did you not watch the ballad of Mike Haggar? (I just discovered that when looking for a reference for those not in the know.)
Well, anyway, Mario and his girl can be king and queen of Page 12, because my answer is...

Peach, back when she was Princess Toadstool in SMB2. She was the first to prove to be more than a damsel in distress.

Audio books: frowned upon in these parts or the perfect way to spend a one hour commute?

Reaver

Staff
Love audiobooks for a long trip.

Catwomen:

Julie Newmar or Michelle Pfeifer?

Neither. Eartha Kitt in the original series and for movies, even though it had nothing to do with the Batman universe-Halle Berry beats them all.

I have to ask a question that has bugged me after recently seeing the movie "Fanboys": Scarier badguys: The Empire or the Borg?

myrddin173

Maester
We are the Borg, resistance is futile...

The empire can just kill you, the Borg can make you one of them. (and my parents got my name from watching Star Trek so I have to go with that one)

Pyrokinesis or Cryokinesis?

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Since I am in the middle of leveling my pyromancer, Burnbright, in Rift (and having fun doing so), I'll go with Pyrokinesis. It has more flare (pun intended).

Scotch or bourbon?

Reaver

Staff
I'm a big fan of Scotch, having recently purchased an 80 year old single malt of a pretty rare label.

Scrying mirrors or crystal orbs?

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I'm a big fan of Scotch, having recently purchased an 80 year old single malt of a pretty rare label.

Scrying mirrors or crystal orbs?

What did you get? I have a bottle of 18 year old cask-strength Laphroaig that I like!

I go with crystal orbs. I think they're cooler than mirrors.

Lightsabers or wands (ala Potter)?