• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or That?

Reaver

Staff
Ah, Laphroaig. Very nice. I recently acquired a nice bottle of Old Pulteney.

Lightsabers, no contest.

Keeping the Star Wars train of thought going...

Who would win in a fight--Yoda or Darth Vader?

Reaver

Staff
This is actually a tough call for me. I grew up in Western PA, which has a mix of the two, but I live in the Pacific Northwest which, obviously has mostly conifers. If I had to choose, I'd go with the evergreens.

Better food--Insects or Arachnids?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I choked on a fly the first time I attempted to go running for exercise. It was not a good experience.

However, I choose insect because spiders eat flies, so eating an arachnid with a half-digested insect in its belly means I'm stuck eating an insect either way.

Merry Christmas or Happy Christmas? (Happy Holidays is not an option! I was really hard on Tebow on page 12, so I owe him this.)

Reaver

Staff
I choked on a fly the first time I attempted to go running for exercise. It was not a good experience.

However, I choose insect because spiders eat flies, so eating an arachnid with a half-digested insect in its belly means I'm stuck eating an insect either way.

Merry Christmas or Happy Christmas? (Happy Holidays is not an option! I was really hard on Tebow on page 12, so I owe him this.)

Bummer about swallowing a fly. It kinda reminds me of that line from Dumb & Dumber: "You hungry, Lloyd?"
"Nah, I swallowed a junebug while we were drivin'."
Remember that if you eat lobster or crab, you're eating an arachnid. Might as well boil a tarantula and eat it.

I prefer Merry Christmas. You DONT owe Tim Tebow a damn thing! He's a smug bastard. He's more of a horse's ass than Anthony Bourdain. I freakin hate the Broncos worse than I hate the Browns...

But I digress....

Who's creepier-Clowns or Mimes?

Merry Christmas, of course! And definitely no xmas. You were kind of rough on Timmy.

Kevin Costner or Cary Elwes ? (Robin Hoods)

EDIT: damn, finally got ninja'd. That is a really tough one, but I'd go with mimes. There are some clowns that aren't that creepy. But I just thought about "It" so I'm changing to clowns. Final answer.

Last edited:

Reaver

Staff
Sorry Elder

Sorry Elder, turn around and I"ll pull the shuriken from your back.:D

Cary Elwes, of course and I like the "It" reference.

Sharks or Orcas?

Last edited:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Yoda couldn't beat the Emperor, so I don't see him beating Vader.

As for insects, I had grasshopper tacos in Los Angeles.

Orcas. Though I do think sharks are cool too, so that's a close call.

Would you rather live in a world where aliens existed and visited earth openly, or where faerie was a real place and creatures from fairy tales visited.

Reaver

Staff
A world where Faerie is a real place. I always wanted a pet hippogryph.

If such a place existed, would you rather be a warrior or a magic user?

Tough one. If we're saying that we can travel between that world and ours, magic user. I don't feel like being a warrior would help much in our word, while being a magic user might come in handy. ;)

Now, would you rather read about a warrior or a magic user?

Reaver

Staff
No fair, Elder...I can't choose between these two. I like reading about both. I mean, hypothetically speaking...if it were a matter of life and death, I'd choose warrior.

Mermaids or Sirens? (Or am I the only one who thinks they're completely different beings?)

Reaver

Staff
Star Wars. Much as I love the LOTR movies (Extended Director's Cut, of course)...the whole Star Wars Universe and their commitment to continutity of the storyline is unparalleled.

Resident Evil or Silent Hill?

Reaver

Staff
What's the difference these days? I've seen cut scenes in video games that are better than some movies.

Video games, when it comes down to it.

Good thing you've never played Silent Hill..it sucks.

Dragon Ball or Dragon Ball Z?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Dragon Ball. I hate that fad where everything is pluralized with a "z."

Example: "Chillax, dawgz!"

MULTIPLE CHOICE:

136. What should be done to the next guy who says "Chillax, dawgz!"?
(this) death by firing squad armed with bee bee guns
(that) chained to a slow conveyor belt leading to various compactors, spinning blades and drills, and a furnace

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
We could butterfly whoever says it next. For those of you who don't know, "butterflying" is a viking way of torturous death. First, you slice open the chest, and then peel the skin away from the upper torso. Next, you spread the ribs a decent ways apart before you go on in there and grab the lungs. Lastly, you proceed to pull the lungs over the ribs. Then they die.

But, if you so insist on these amateur deaths, I'll go with the first choice of the BB gun death, because, quite frankly, that would be a hilarious way to go - not for the victim anyways. ;) haha just messin', Dawg....S.

Hmm... lemmmee seeeeee...

iPhone or Andriod?

Dragon Ball. I hate that fad where everything is pluralized with a "z."

Example: "Chillax, dawgz!"

MULTIPLE CHOICE:

136. What should be done to the next guy who says "Chillax, dawgz!"?
(this) death by firing squad armed with bee bee guns
(that) chained to a slow conveyor belt leading to various compactors, spinning blades and drills, and a furnace

SideKick, Chillax ends in X not Z...
However, I grew up when things were "rad" and Bad was good and newayz was cool. The habbit stuck and I refuse to be ashamed of it. :)
Cody, that buterfly thing is just icky!

Oh yes and both phones stink... It needs only to ring and one only needs to hear and be heard. It is a phone not a computer for crying out loud.

Jess A

Archmage
:D you left no question for us.

I shall answer the previous one:

I have no clue. I have an old Nokia phone.

Thunderstorms or sunny days? Thunderstorms for me :)

OMG you're right I did not leave a q... Opps my roots are showing again!

Sunny days, I love sitting by the pool reading a good book.

Pool or hot tub?