• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or That?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Pizza breath. If you use the right coffee creamer, coffee breath actually smells good as long is it's exhaled by the one you love!

On the flip side, no matter how much you love someone, pizza breath STINKS!

MULTIPLE CHOICE

#167. Why did my Big Lebowski question not get answered?

(this) Because it's completely obvious that The Big Lebowski is the best movie ever made even when compared to all future movies.

(that) Because it wasn't really an "or" question in the way that Do you love ice cream a lot or really a lot? isn't really an "or" question.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I'm a skier, so I know that at 25-below, I spend too much time off the slopes and on hot chocolate. Extreme heat doesn't stop me from swimming.

Heat wins!

Unwrapping gifts: tear off wrapping and fling the pieces all over the room and look quickly and then move onto the next gift
or
neatly undo the ribbon,
read the card,
say "ooooh" when the gift is revealed,
and thank the giver?

I'm a skier, so I know that at 25-below, I spend too much time off the slopes and on hot chocolate. Extreme heat doesn't stop me from swimming.

Heat wins!

Unwrapping gifts: 1. tear off wrapping and fling the pieces all over the room and look quickly and then move onto the next gift
or
2. neatly undo the ribbon,
read the card,
say "ooooh" when the gift is revealed,
and thank the giver?

I'm a # 2 type person...
But we don't give Christmas gifts. We give Birthday gifts, Mothers day, Fathers day etc to cover events that either were missed or will be missed since we all live so far apart.
Shower or tub?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Showering in a tub...
Room for two!

Stand or sit?

NO, this is not another bathroom question! I mean in the workplace! Do you prefer to be on your feet all day or in a chair? (I'm a teacher, so I can freely switch between the two on a whim!)

Reaver

Staff
In my profession, I spend a lot of time on my feet and driving so can I answer neither? I'd rather lie down.

And in answer to #167: The Big Lebowski is the best movie ever. I think my favorite line in the whole movie is "nice marmot."

Who wins in a fight: Tolkien's Balrog or Capcom's Balrog?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I think my favorite line in the whole movie is "nice marmot."
That's, like, your opinion, man.

Capcom's Balrog. If you're familiar with a CollegeHumor.com video from 3 or 4 years ago, there's a part where all the middle-aged Street Fighters get together and no one remembers Balrog. They try to...

ZANGIEF: "What is your Special Move?"
BALROG: "I punch... really hard."
DHALSIM: "Do you... kick?"
BALROG: "What is a kick?"
ALL: "O-o-o-oh!"

So, he sucks... but he still wins because in Japan, Balrog is the skinny Spaniard with the claw. Tolkien's Balrog is in middle Earth, so he'd get double-teamed due to the regional confusion.

JAPAN BALROG: "Wooooooo!"

Round 2... FIGHT!

Winner of Round 2: Capcom's M. Bison or Nintendo's Mike Tyson?

Last edited:

Reaver

Staff
Wait...do you mean the M. Bison with the cape and the silly hat or M. Bison (Mike Bison) based on the real ear-biter?

Almost forgot... "I don't think Chinaman is the correct nomenclature, Dude."

Reaver

Staff
Maniac Mansion.

"We're not talking about the people who built the f***ing railroads, Sidekick."

Blood Omen:Legacy of Kain or ShadowRun?

Sparkie

Auror
Okay. No offense to Reaver, but I'm going to try resurrecting this thread. It's just been too long since there's been a post here.

Big Mac or Whopper?

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
JRRT.

Tolkein pretty much made a genre. Everyone knows who Gandalf is and what race celebrates eleventy-first birthdays. I'm not so sure that the world will still sing of Ice and Fire for so many decades. I do think that Martin is writing the best popular fantasy series of our time.

Now, for authors with one middle initial:

R.A. Salvatore or J.K. Rowling?