• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

Steerpike

Felis amatus
New find from Vancouver, Canada - Unleash the Archers.

Not a lot of female-fronted metal bands doing this kind of stuff. Worth a listen :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
If there's one other person on this site who likes this song, I'll be surprised:

Filk

Troubadour
Peste Noire - very interesting. I do think that I like it, but I did a little research and their original band Dor Daedeloth's demo was called "Aryan Supremacy." Can't say I support them on that front, but the music is cool. Whoever thought they'd hear slower black metal? Seriously though, I'm on a big bm kick right now and I'll be etting some of these guys albums. Thanks for the gem!

OGone

Troubadour

Not a lot of female-fronted metal bands doing this kind of stuff. Worth a listen :)

Haha awesome :dance:

Heard this cover on the radio today, Pet Shop Boys ftw

Aside from that been listening to lots of hip-hop recently, mostly MF Doom and Immortal Technique, while on the move. Whenever I'm writing it's game & movie soundtracks or Two Steps From Hell compilations.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Just bumped into this:
It's the full live concert so it's a bit of a listen. It probably won't be staying up for long so give it listen while it's there. Skinny Puppy is one of the most highly respected band in the industrial music genre and here they're playing both old and new tracks.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I was listening to an album I discovered on a plane from Hong Kong to Chicago…
th

…while wearing a noise canceling headset. So when I drove within five feet of an underground bees' nest, I didn't hear the bees chasing me, but saw one above that appeared to be circling. I looked up to see several over my head, then immediately ran faster than I thought I could at the age of 40 in flip-flops. The world became oddly silent as the headphone jack unhooked as the result of my sudden sprint. Only two chased as far as the front yard, then buzzed off after I swatted at them. I somehow made it out this mess unscathed.

The lawnmower, I suspect, was stung several times.

SeverinR

Vala

Metal banging babes. Not bad.
All female or just the singer? Mixed?

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I'm at the pub, writing and having a morning Guinness. Shazam says the current track is Zebra by Beach House. It's a nice pubby song.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Nice live version of Progenies. Clean vocals by Vortex are quite good too.

SmokeScribe98

Minstrel
Unlike most people my age who prefer rap, pop, dub step et cetera I enjoy older rock music. My favourite bands being The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Kinks and my all time favourite E.L.O:

I get stressed over lots of little things and live a pretty lonely life honestly, so instead of releasing it all in the form of anger, I listen to Jeff Lynne and the Electric Light Orchestra. Mr Blue Sky always calms me down.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
My first live concert ever was when my dad took me to see The Rolling Stones when I was 13.

I see your ELO and raise you this monsterpiece of underground electronic dance music: