1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

What do you listen to?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Elder the Dwarf, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Llewellyn

Llewellyn Dreamer

Baroque, new-age.

2. rockman

rockman Acolyte

I like quite an interesting range of music: metal, indie, singer-songwriter, alt rock, Celtic metal, christian metal (yes there is such a thing), classical, some blues, some country, and pretty much any other kinds of rock I didn't mention. I just can't stand most pop and rap though.

Guess my favorite band would have to be Tragically hip.

3. BrionHumphrey

BrionHumphrey New Member

Wow, well, Queensryche when I want melancholy, philosophical inspiration. When I'm not writing, 80's music fits the bill. If I killing background noise and digging into a story though, Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, pretty much any movie score will thrust me into another world. Peter Gabriel's soundtrack for "The Last Temptation of Christ" is definitely one to check out!

4. myrddin173

myrddin173 Maester

5. MAndreas

MAndreas Troubadour

Oh that would take a long time...I'm a bit diverse in my listening ;). BUT since this is a group about writing, I'll post what I often listen to when I write :). Abney Park (best steampunk band EVER!), Trailerhead, Corner Stone Cues (both of those are trailer music "groups" aka stuff you'd hear in movies, but not familiar themes. If you have a fight scene to write though both ROCK!) Nightwish and Beyond Temptation are also great writing groups (some songs anyway).

Non-writing some favs are Muse, Pinback, Concrete Blonde, Mozart, Beatles, Black Keys, Pogues, Flogging Molly....ok, I'll be here all night!

6. The sound track of Khabi Khushi Khabie Gham.

and Baabul

Salman Khan, John Abraham, Amitabh Bachchan and SRK are smoking HOTT!

John john-abraham-smoking-0b5e3.jpg

Salman SalmanKhanPictures.jpg

Amitabh Amitabh-Bachchan-Photos-HD.jpg

SRK SRK.jpg

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  7. Faolan

Faolan Guest

I like 12 Stones, 38th Parallel, 4-4-1, 4Him & Barren Cross.:)

8. Saigonnus

Saigonnus Auror

My musical tastes are like my choice in genre for reading; varied. I like everything from celtic bagpipes to alternative, hard rock, classical, country or some house music... even a bit of rap. Generally though when I am writing, it is something like Evanescence, Kittie, Archenemy or Metallica... perhaps old chool Pantera or Sepultura. :p

9. ATM I'm rocking some serious Old school rock n roll. Skynyard, Guns n roses, Styx I'm having the time of my frikkin life! :p
    I think I need a nap.

Oh but I wanted to turn you guys onto AWOLNATION, check this out! I think you will like it, the vid is spaztastic but the song is unreal. SAIL - AWOLNATION - YouTube Let me know what you think!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  10. thetraveler

thetraveler Minstrel

It changes, but right now I'm listening to Les Friction, Theocracy, Majestic Vanguard, Hans Zimmer, the Assassin's Creed themes, and random freelance soundtracks I find on Youtube when looking a short films from friends and colleagues.

11. Aren't the AC themes works of musical genius? I'm into the chase theme from the 1st game at the moment.

12. thetraveler

thetraveler Minstrel

I'll have to check that one out, I've been listening mainly to 2 and 3.

13. Barsook

Barsook Minstrel

The Roundtable Podcast ep. 3

14. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

A Distance There Is... (Liv Kristine, then of Theatre of Tragedy, now of Leave's Eyes, on vocals)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
  15. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

This is also a good one by Theatre of Tragedy (and the middle of the song has a clip of Vincent Price from Masque of the Red Death):

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
  16. Rikilamaro

Rikilamaro Inkling

Currently, Ben Lee - "Cigarettes Will Kill You"

17. Piddlepup

Piddlepup New Member

Classic rock, bluegrass, and sometimes current pop.

18. Llewellyn

Llewellyn Dreamer

Piddle, it's good to know that there are other bluegrass listeners at Mythic Scribes!

Paul