• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Your Top 10 Favorite Shows Of All Time?

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
Firefly
Battlestar Galactica
Angel
Buffy
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Star Blazers
Robotech
House

Ask me again in 5 minutes things will change. :p

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
NOW / RECENT YEARS:
Game of Thrones
Desperate Housewives
Medium

LAST CENTURY:
MST3K
The Three Stooges
The Twilight Zone

There are more shows I've watched and enjoyed, but I'm hard-pressed to think of them all as timeless shows I'll miss when they're cancelled. Even some that I followed were easy to let go when they ended--like Sopranos. I felt the show peaked at the end of Season 2, and Steve Buscemi revived it for me when he directed his first episode.

I wish I could remember the name of a show that, I guess, only lasted a few episodes. Beck's "Devil's Haircut" was the theme song and it was about a boy whose dad made a deal with the devil. He had to send runaway souls back to Hell by collecting them in a device (such as a dust devil) and returning the soul to a lady at the Department of Motor Vehicles (a Hell on Earth). It's second only to Police Squad!​ on my list of shows with an unjustifiably short life span.

I wish I could remember the name of a show that, I guess, only lasted a few episodes. Beck's "Devil's Haircut" was the theme song and it was about a boy whose dad made a deal with the devil. He had to send runaway souls back to Hell by collecting them in a device (such as a dust devil) and returning the soul to a lady at the Department of Motor Vehicles (a Hell on Earth). It's second only to Police Squad!​ on my list of shows with an unjustifiably short life span.

REAPER!

We enjoyed that show, at least for a while. Eventually it got too stupid and silly and we gave up. Ray Wise, though, is probably the best Satan ever cast.

Varamyrr

Minstrel
Battlestar Galactica(remake)
Deadwood
Firefly
Game of Thrones
Band of Brothers
Generation Kill
X-Files
The Wire
Fringe
The Shield
The Unit
Homeland
Heroes(Season 1)
BlackAdder
Allo Allo
Stargate series
Hornblower

Good memories:
The A-team
McGyver
Xena
Hercules
Knightrider

gavintonks

Maester
Jesus Christ Superstar
Godspell
Bee gees - Sgt Pepper lonely hearts club band
Abomniable dr Fibes
Brazil
Galaxy Quest
New Star Trek
New Batman Begins 1 and 2
Little shop of Horrors
Chronicles of Rudick

shows
battle star galactica
no ordinary family
star trek
sg universe
community
the gates
caprica
original V
black adder
not the 9 o clock news
revenge
carnival
heros

gavintonks

Maester
anyone seen mirror it is awesome available on fztv it is bizarre and futuristic and supremely clever only 3 episodes each one different

Chime85

Sage
In no particular order, mine would have to be:

The X Files
Sliders
Frasier
Blackadder
Life on Mars (UK)
Cold Case
Red Dwarf
Doctor Who (older series, but the new ones are ok)
QI
Dexter

x

Last edited:
I'm not a big tv watcher, I must admit. My all time favourite tv series is HTV's ROBIN OF SHERWOOD, which introduced a fantasy element into the legends of Robin Hood (Robin's spiritual father was Herne the Hunter, god of the forests..there was also a sorcerer or two, a witch who tried to raise Lucifer, seven magic swords made by Wayland the Smith and a talismanic Silver Arrow) while also having lots of historically accurate costumes and actual historical events, like King Richard's council. It was filmed on location in England and Wales, with fantastic real castles and abbeys (no crummy cardboard sets) and beautiful forest scenes.
my second favourite was Arthur of the Britons, which was a 70's series about King Arthur but it was the reverse of ROBIN...it took the magic OUT of the King Arthur legend, and had him as a realistic dark age chieftain living not in Camelot, but in a large hut in a traditional village.

gavintonks

Maester
the 2nd season of falling skies is really great, so nice to see space ships and stuff again

by the way watch Paul if you can its very funny and sends up a lot of the si fi stuff

Hi,

Star Trek Next Generation
Wonderfalls
The Lost Room
Farscape
Fringe
X Files
Game of Thrones
Midsommer Murders
Babylon 5
Southpark

Cheers, Greg.

nlough

Troubadour
Not in any order

Psych
Leverage
Criminal Minds
Angel
White Collar
The Mentalist
South Park
Franklin and Bash
Dexter
Firefly

Sheriff Woody

Troubadour
In no particular order...

-The Wire
-Breaking Bad
-Lost
-Battlestar Galactica
-Six Feet Under
-South Park
-Family Guy
-Futurama

Hmm...only made it up to 8. Guess I have some watching to do.

Phietadix

Auror
In no Real order,
- The A-Team
- Dr. Who (Fourth Doctor)
- Star Trek Orginal Series
- Firefly
- Buck Rodgers
- Star Trek Next Generation
- Battle Star Galactica
- Mythbusters

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Angel
Buffy
Firefly
M*A*S*H
Porridge
Space: Above & Beyond
Sports Night
The West Wing
Wonderfalls
Yes Minister / Prime Minister

There are bits of other shows that I like. Heroes was good for a while. Some of the episode of Dollhouse were amazing but others were awful. As one of the new crop of Vampire shows Blood Ties was great and far superior to True Blood for me [Moonlight was okay too].

In truth I can't think of anything in the last 4-5 years that I’ve raved about. Except for, maybe, Rubicon — one of the last intelligent complex stories I’ve seen. It had it's flaws but I loved the writing...

Let's see if I can do this. In no particular order and not including sitcoms or cartoons.....

Miami Vice
Tour Of Duty
Psych
Fringe
Star Trek: The Original Series
Doctor Who (I prefer the Tom Baker era)
Nash Bridges
The A-Team
The Walking Dead
Dukes Of Hazzard

Shows that just missed the cut...

Lost In Space
Knight Rider
Monk
Quantum Leap
MacGyver
House
Remington Steele
Burn Notice
Silk Stalkings

Shows I really liked that might of made the list had they been given more than one season.....

Dark Shadows: The Revival w/ Ben Cross
The Chicago Code
The Good Guys

joe

Dreamer
Top 10. Well:

-Californication
-Fais pa ci fais pa ca
-American Horror story
-The Borgias
-Game of Thrones
-How i met your mother