• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How old are you?

willg71

Dreamer
I'm at the ripe old age of 33.

Just wait until you hit 30, Chris. Throughout my twenties I ate whatever I wanted and engaged in sports without ever getting injured. When I hit 30, things began to change. It became harder keep weight off, and injuries became more frequent. Last summer I managed to pull both of my hamstrings AND damage my shoulder while fencing!?!

It's not all bad, though. Once I learned the importance of stretching (something which I never did), I haven't gotten injured since.

Oh man can I ever relate I'm 39 years young and about two months ago I sprained my shoulder climbing out of a golf cart. CLIMBING OUT OF A GOLF CART PEOPLE!!! Shoulders still on the mend. Wait, who are you? Is this my house. I don't know you. Is country kitchen open yet?

Kelise

Maester
I'm 24, yet everyone is adamant I look (and act? Probably!) 18.

Even those I work with, and I've worked in my office for six years now.

Physically, things are already collapsing on me :( Yet I can still read and write, so I'm not going to complain. It could be worse.

Legerdemain

Troubadour
I'm 24, yet everyone is adamant I look (and act? Probably!) 18.

Even those I work with, and I've worked in my office for six years now.

Physically, things are already collapsing on me :( Yet I can still read and write, so I'm not going to complain. It could be worse.

Yeah, you could be as old as the rest of us! :) Seriously though, I had NEVER hurt my bad till I was 26, and since it has never stopped hurting... oh mortality, why must you pester me so...

Kelise

Maester
Yeah, you could be as old as the rest of us! :) Seriously though, I had NEVER hurt my bad till I was 26, and since it has never stopped hurting... oh mortality, why must you pester me so...

I've always been kinda ill, but in the last year it seems to have become so much worse! Asthma, allergic reactions to things I haven't been allergic to before, food intolerances, RSI, and a virus called Ross River - which sticks around for months, or either never really leaves you, they're not quite sure just yet.

Again, it's not that bad as long as I can write and read, but I'm getting very, very sick of blood tests.

Chilari

Staff
Wow, there's quite a range of ages here. For me, towards the younger end at 22. When I tried to hire a car the other day they told me I had to be 23 for some reason, which given that I'm less than 2 months away from being 23 is really annoying.

Kelise

Maester
Wow, there's quite a range of ages here. For me, towards the younger end at 22. When I tried to hire a car the other day they told me I had to be 23 for some reason, which given that I'm less than 2 months away from being 23 is really annoying.

It possibly has to do with their insurance policy, as it's different levels depending on age? I work in travel at work, and couldn't book a car for a younger co-worker for that reason :\ So much for providing a service.

JCFarnham

Auror
Sixteen days away from being 21. I think that might be at least some kind of milestone. I feel old in most corners of the internet so frankly I'm glad I've found a place with such a good range of ages.

I only have a few months left to be the answer to life, the universe, and everything! (I'm 42.) 43 in June.

We do seem to have a good range of ages, but it's about attitude, too! Some people are old at 20, while others are young even at 70+! (I hope I am!) Even though I have kids the same ages as many of you, (my oldest is 20), I feel young and happy, especially when I'm writing!

I'm 30 x.x! But I look 15ish o_O at least I'm told I do.. I do have pics on my fb from when I was 15 and I guess they might be right LOL But I'm a firm believer in "You're only as old as you feel" and I'm a teen at heart LMAO even if my body reminds me daily that I'm far from that LOL

Chilari

Staff
Age doesn't signify anything. It's an arbitrary number*. One of the most fun people to be around I know, a fellow post-grad student, is twice my age and has two teenage daughters.

*Okay, not that arbitary. I'm still anooyed at that car rental company that won't let me rent a car because I'm not 23 quite yet. Why 23? I have 3 years no claims bonus! I'm a better driver than some people much older than me! I've never had any accidents, no points on my license, no criminal convictions, passed my driving test first time. My cousin, who is four years older than me, failed four times before he passed when he was *23* and had an accident LAST MONTH and he can hire a car fine because he's 26. Grrr.

LMAO! I feel your pain.. however once you get past the age when you can do anything you want... There's no joy left. you start wishes you were different ages.. Kinda like when you were a kid and you wished you were 16,18,21 >.> only now you're STILL wishing you were those ages LMAO!

DavidP

Dreamer
A young 41.

As Jeremy Clarkson once said, its all downhill from your forties on the road to phlegm and catarrh. :D

F

Falunel

Heh, you all make me feel young. ^^;

I'm sixteen, will be seventeen in May. A lot of my online friends seem to expect that I'm older, though. And to be honest, I do sometimes feel like an adult stuck in the body of a teenager, dragged to and fro by teenage hormones and teenage inexperience.