• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Autumn Ren

Acolyte
I love cheese! I wish they had more selection here, they used to. I remember as a kid we had all different kinds of exotic chocolate too, but alassss.

I also love mushrooms especially when they soak up all the flavors. Grilled and caramelized onions are the best, I'm going to have to do something with onions and mushrooms this weekend.

BearBear

Archmage
Isn't that American? Cheese, grilled onions, and mushrooms? Wait, all you need to do is add two all beef patties and a sesame seed bun and you got quintessential American cuisine. I am American and I have these things so they must be American.

BearBear

Archmage
mushroom-bear.gif

The scariest predator we have over here is probably a badger, or a stoat maybe. Scarier things are all the plants and fungi that can kill you.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
The scariest predator we have over here is probably a badger, or a stoat maybe. Scarier things are all the plants and fungi that can kill you.
Few years ago I could say the same, but now we have wolves and jackals again.

BearBear

Archmage
I'm the only Bear in 100 miles but we do have pumas, mountain lions, and they're really dangerous. They say you never see one and when you do it's too late.

They tracked one and it basically went everywhere from the beach to the mountains hundreds of mile range.

We also have lynx but they're not interested in people. We have a ton of coyotes who have been known to gang up on people. You can here them at night sounding like jackles.

It is. Farmers are upset because the wolves have been killing their sheep, but I think we'll figure out a balance in time.
Then this opens up the entire conversation on the concept of ‘rewilding’, and I could be here for days talking about it. I think they should introduce lynx into Scotland, but again, too many land owners and farmers take concern over the perceived financial ramifications.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Then this opens up the entire conversation on the concept of ‘rewilding’, and I could be here for days talking about it. I think they should introduce lynx into Scotland, but again, too many land owners and farmers take concern over the perceived financial ramifications.
We didn't so much rewild when it comes to the wolves and jackals. Such projects have been underway for a long time with Konik horses and highland cattle (to emulate wild cattle and horses), but the aforementioned wolves and jackals simply migrated from Germany. It's a good sign for our reemerging wilderness, but they didn't need to be introduced.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Rewilding sounds like an oxymoron. If its wild...shouldn't it kind of show up on its own? Rewild sounds like re-stocked some area.

Rewilding sounds like an oxymoron. If its wild...shouldn't it kind of show up on its own? Rewild sounds like re-stocked some area.
In environments where it’s usually highly man-made, when native species (either flora of fauna) are reintroduced and let do their own thing, that usually gets called ‘rewilding’. But it’s a problematic terms for a variety of reasons I think.