• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How can I further develop the universe of this medieval romance fantasy novel of mine?

Queshire

Auror
Well relationships take time & effort to maintain and between trying to maintain 50 at once along with all the other matters which must surely consume her attention it winds up as rather dubious that the situation could continue.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I am not really sure how to answer all this, cause you want help developing your world, but we have quickly moved to the stuff that would make me dubious of all of it. Which would you prefer the focus was on?

You said this would be a Romance.

Now...imagine you are number 50.

"Oh, knight 50," said the princess, "you are so special to me. Please come to my chamber and lets make love."

"You think I am special?" says knight 50. "I mean, you literally decided to sleep with everyone else before you picked me. Heck, you slept with Sir Roderick six times already."

"Oh, Roderick, he is a beast -- Raowr.... Yes, but my love is true. I love you all. And you are so sweet."

"Princess, I could never doubt you, this night will be the most special."

"Great, be up around 10, wear this, and I like hair pulling, dont be a wuss like 45, 42, 39, 38, 31, 29, 25, 18, 16, and 12. And it might be best if you could growl like a lion at times."

"Wow, the fantasy I always wanted. I would not miss it."

"Sweet, love you. You are my most super special."

"Ahh....I bet you say that to all the knights."

"Well, actually I do."

Really, sign me up for that. I dont mind being number 50. I am sure it will be like losing her virginity all over again.

While I am a firm believer that anything can make a story, even this. I think this is lacking a good understanding of human motivation.

The types of men who become the best warriors of the land, dont stand in line for someone else and wait their turn. --just sayin.

By the way, this medieval romance fantasy novel of mine is supposed to be mature. It isn't innocent. I want the story of this medieval romance fantasy novel of mine to be full of genocidal war, brutal violence, rape, and sex scenes.

This is why the warrior princess protagonist is extremely sexual to the point that she loves having sex with all of her 50 knights.

There are even times when she orders multiple members of her 50 knights to have sex with her at the same time. An example of this is when she orders 5 of her 50 knights to all have sex with her at the same time. You're looking for a flaw in the warrior princess protagonist's character? Well this is one of her flaws. Yes, she isn't perfect.

Queshire

Auror
By the way, this medieval romance fantasy novel of mine is supposed to be mature. It isn't innocent. I want the story of this medieval romance fantasy novel of mine to be full of genocidal war, brutal violence, rape, and sex scenes.

This is why the warrior princess protagonist is extremely sexual to the point that she loves having sex with all of her 50 knights.

There are even times when she orders multiple members of her 50 knights to have sex with her at the same time. An example of this is when she orders 5 of her 50 knights to all have sex with her at the same time. You're looking for a flaw in the warrior princess protagonist's character? Well this is one of her flaws. Yes, she isn't perfect.

So how does that complicate her life? Where does it punish her?

I am not really sure how to answer all this, cause you want help developing your world, but we have quickly moved to the stuff that would make me dubious of all of it. Which would you prefer the focus was on?

You said this would be a Romance.

Now...imagine you are number 50.

"Oh, knight 50," said the princess, "you are so special to me. Please come to my chamber and lets make love."

"You think I am special?" says knight 50. "I mean, you literally decided to sleep with everyone else before you picked me. Heck, you slept with Sir Roderick six times already."

"Oh, Roderick, he is a beast -- Raowr.... Yes, but my love is true. I love you all. And you are so sweet."

"Princess, I could never doubt you, this night will be the most special."

"Great, be up around 10, wear this, and I like hair pulling, dont be a wuss like 45, 42, 39, 38, 31, 29, 25, 18, 16, and 12. And it might be best if you could growl like a lion at times."

"Wow, the fantasy I always wanted. I would not miss it."

"Sweet, love you. You are my most super special."

"Ahh....I bet you say that to all the knights."

"Well, actually I do."

Really, sign me up for that. I dont mind being number 50. I am sure it will be like losing her virginity all over again.

While I am a firm believer that anything can make a story, even this. I think this is lacking a good understanding of human motivation.

The types of men who become the best warriors of the land, dont stand in line for someone else and wait their turn. --just sayin.

I didn't say that the romantic subplot of this novel would be the warrior princess protagonist having romantic relationships will all of her 50 knights.

She will choose from all of them. But at the start of the story, she is a flawed character which is why she loves sleeping with all of her 50 knights and I know that isn't romantic. The real romantic subplot will happen if she gets character development which means that she will stop having sex with all of her 50 knights and only go for the one person she truly loves. She will develop more self-control in her sexual desires. She will be dignified as the story goes.

So how does that complicate her life? Where does it punish her?

The fact that she has a responsibility to fight foreign imperialist nations, powerful dynasties, powerful families, and demons that want to destroy her country, her 50 knights, and her is already enough to conclude that her life is not easy. She can die anytime if she isn't careful.

Also, she will have difficulties on who she should trust. For example, some powerful dynasties from her country will send assassins after her. These assassins will try to act innocent and friendly towards her so they could trick her and kill her. Her 50 knights will never let this happen though. They will kill anyone that is suspicious.

You described her as brave and mature and brutal towards her enemies. But why is that? What events transpired in her life that made her who she is?

Her parents and all of her relatives brutally died at the hands of wicked humans.

Her father was skinned alive after being captured in the middle of a battle by forces of foreign imperialist armies.

Her mother was abducted and raped 10 times by assassins of a powerful family(This family is from the warrior princess protagonist's country.) The assassins and the powerful family they work for then fed the warrior princess protagonist's mother alive to brutal demons that eat humans.

The rest of the warrior princess protagonist's relatives were skinned alive and slowly pulled in half by combined armies of foreign imperialist warriors and warriors of powerful families(These powerful families are from the warrior princess protagonist's country).

The warrior princess protagonist is the only member of her clan that is alive. What I mean by clan are people related to each other by blood such as parents, their children, and all of their relatives.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I still dont see an understanding of human motivation and development. If she is sleeping with 50 guys, its gonna change her, and its gonna affect they way she looks at any other relationship, and the way others view her. There will be a cost.

Ill move on to the other questions:

What do you mean for the rest of time?

--Cause when you are immortal that implies the rest of time.

Also, why do you think that they wouldn't get along? Plus, why do you think that they wouldn't be able to survive as a group of 50?

--Cause Alpha males dont get along with other alpha males. Over time they will get in fights, and eventually die off. Some of those fights will be with each other.

Well there are brutal foreign imperialist nations that want to conquer the warrior princess protagonist's country.

--I am not feeling this is really the heart of the story. It may be, but your comments have not shown me this is the story desperately needing to be told.

How so? And why?

--Women who sleep around a lot dont tend to gain respect for it. I feel I should not have to explain that further.

Id also further go on to question the power of 18 year olds, the masters of many martial arts in such a short life, the value of two handed swords, especially from all of them, the value of immortality, and likelihood of such loyalty from all who know her, and the real cost of flaws in people in the story.

But beyond all of that. Where is the romance? and what is the true conflict. Why should I care if she is immortal and not her neighbors? Why is it so important that I root for her? I am not feeling from the posts above that the conflict is really the bordering nations. To me, it seems like something thrown in to justify writing more of this character. Why does it matter if she wins? Why should I root for her? What is the great truth of this story?

No, that was a specific question. How does her sleeping around complicate her life? How does it punish her?

She loves having sex with all of her 50 knights. I don't think she hates doing it from the start. It's just that she will eventually realize her mistakes and change herself for the better.

M. Popov

Scribe
Her parents and all of her relatives brutally died at the hands of wicked humans.

Her father was skinned alive after being captured in the middle of a battle by forces of foreign imperialist armies.

Her mother was abducted and raped 10 times by assassins of a powerful family(This family is from the warrior princess protagonist's country.) The assassins and the powerful family they work for then fed the warrior princess protagonist's mother alive to brutal demons that eat humans.

Alright, so vengeance is part of her character. Sorrow and hatred are powerful emotions so you might have something interesting going on if you develop it further. On a different note, while I understand that this is your novel and you're free to write it however you wish, don't you think that little lore bit clashes with the romance theme? Like if you're aiming to have a romantic novel with sexual themes, extreme cases of trauma like that might be distracting to the reader, not to mention, a very serious topic.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
So...ignoring all the titillating stuff,

In looking at this from a world building perspective, I would be asking:

Where is her nation and why is it important?

Why were her parents slain? and in such a gruesome fashion?

What are the nations an places that surround her, and what do they want?

What are the places that surround them, and what do they want?

What is the big conflict? Is it about control of the immortality device? (and if so, why do demons care?)

What do demons think about being summoned? and is there a counter to them, such as angels that can be summoned?

What types of things create the ability to summon demons, or immortality, and who can use it?

Is there a limited resource somewhere that causes people to fight over it?

What is the technology level of the various places around them?

How are conflicts generally fought? Is it local skirmishes, or giant feats of magic?

What advantages do various nations have over each other?

What do nations think of each other?

What do various races think of each other, and where are they located?

If this is to be a romance, who is the love interest, and what extra abilities, weaknesses do they bring to the tale?

And mostly, what is the tale really about?

How much of all or any of that do you have fleshed out?

What are the nations an places that surround her, and what do they want?

Hello! These are the nations in this medieval romance fantasy novel of mine:

1. Cemdreyad (Pronunciation: Sem - dre - yad

It is the nation of the warrior princess protagonist. It is a well-developed nation with a rich economy.)

2. Zermeis (Pronunciation: Zer - mey

It is a well-developed nation with a good economy but not as well developed as Cemdreyad or as economically-developed as Cemdreyad.)

3. Vegsunduram (Pronunciation: Veg - sun - du - ram

It is a strong imperialist nation. It wants to conquer Cemdreyad. The Vegsunduramians are the people of Vegsunduram.)

4. Semurgua (Pronunciation: Se - mur - gwa

Semurgua is known for its powerful sorcerers.)

5. Klochiak (Pronunciation: Klo - chi - yak

It is the land of the Klochi peoples.)

6. Baktania (Pronunciation: Bak - tan - ya

It is the land of the Baktan peoples.)

7. Luyenland (Pronunciation: Lu - yen - land

It is the country of the Luyen peoples. They are often the victims of the slaveries and the violence of the Kara Jalu peoples.)

8. Janteland (Pronunciation: Jan - te - land

It is the land of the Jantau peoples.)

9. Mardany (Pronunciation: Mar - da - ni

It is the country of the Mardans. The Mardans are people who often directly say what's on their minds.)

10. Dersenia (Pronunciation: Der - sen - ya

It is the country that is notorious for being the place where most of the whole world's mercenaries come from. A lot of its mercenaries also commit human rights violations. This country is also currently ruled by its military in a tyrannic way.)

11. Eltrei (Pronunciation: El - trey

Eltrei has a lot of cults that worship demons. It is the place for having the most demons that love eating humans.)

12. Vomdriod (Pronunciation: Vom - dri - yod)

13. Juliana (Pronunciation: Jul - ya - na)

14. Velrea (Pronunciation: Vel - re - ya)

15. Gabra (Pronunciation: Ga - bra)

16. Seltrehei (Pronunciation: Sel - tre - yey

Seltrehei is known for having many powerful supernatural vampires.)

17. Huariem (Pronunciation: War - yem)

18. Zirma (Pronunciation: Zir - ma)

19. Lerfemzeun (Pronunciation: Ler - fem - zun)

20. Bhonreeatt (Pronunciation: Von - re - yat)

21. Pan Jeul (Pronunciation: Pan - je - yul)

22. Kara Jalu (Pronunciation: Ka - ra - ja - lu

The Kara Jalu nation is an alliance of many Kara Jalu tribes. The Kara Jalu are a race of warlike tribal savages who love being warriors. They often attack non-Kara Jalu peoples in order to get slaves and sex slaves from non Kara Jalu peoples. The slaves of the Kara Jalu peoples are non-Kara Jalu. Kara Jalu peoples are very brutal and very hateful towards non-Kara Jalu peoples. They often torture and brutally kill every non-Kara Jalu prisoners of war they capture. They also often treat their non-Kara Jalu slaves very harshly. They even kill their non-Kara Jalu slaves for fun. Most of the victims of Kara Jalu peoples are the Luyen peoples.

The Kara Jalu peoples are also very fond of capturing non-Kara Jalu women and non-Kara Jalu girls in order to rape them. They often use non-Kara Jalu women and non-Kara Jalu girls as sex slaves. Polygamy is also the norm among rich Kara Jalu male men.

All Kara Jalu people are warriors. A typical Kara Jalu person is a warrior. The whole lives of Kara Jalu people are all about being warriors. The Kara Jalu often take the Kara Jalu religion seriously.

By the way, these are some beliefs in the Kara Jalu religion:

1. After dying, a Kara Jalu can only enter paradise if he is a brave warrior and if he loves to kill non-Kara Jalu peoples

2. After dying, a Kara Jalu who isn't a warrior, who doesn't love to kill non-Kara Jalu peoples, or both deserve eternal suffering.

3. After dying, all non-Kara Jalu peoples deserve eternal suffering. Even if a non-Kara Jalu is a warrior and hates non-Kara Jalu peoples, he/she still deserves eternal suffering.)

So what do you think of the names of the nations? Which nation names do you like the most? Do you think I should change them or completely replace them? Do you have a better idea for the names of the nations?

1. The Aydesphreynds

The Aydesphreynds are a warrior class. Most of them are rich classes. They make up 45 percent of Vegsunduram's human population. Aydesphreynds are fearless and very brave. This is because they are a warrior class. They react with no fear when being in any physical danger. An Aydesphreynd tends to kill a person he/she thinks is immoral by himself. All Aydesphreynds are warriors.

By the way, the Aydesphreynds are the only people who control the military, the police force, the politics, and the government of Vegsunduram. All people who are legally allowed to join the military, the police force, the politics, and the government of Vegsunduram are Aydesphreynds. The members of the military, the police force, the politics, and the government of Vegsunduram are all Aydesphreynds. The Aydesphreynds are the highest ranking social class in Vegsunduram.

The Aydesphreynds are also racist, xenophobic, and close-minded towards people who are not Vegsunduramian. An Aydesphreynd family tend to have slaves. They are very brutal in abusing and exploiting their slaves. Most slaves of the Aydesphreynds are people who aren't Vegsunduramian. Sometimes, the slaves of Aydesphreynds are Eranbeyls.

The Aydesphreynds also commit a lot of atrocities against Eranbeyls because they hate and have contempt for Eranbeyls. The reason why they hate Eranbeyls is because Eranbeyls are open-minded to accepting cultural influences from non-Vegsunduramian cultures. The Aydesphreynds also hate Eranbeyl youths who are disrespectful towards adult Eranbeyls because Aydesphreynd youths typically respect adult Aydesphreynds. Aydesphreynds also hate Eranbeyl women because many Eranbeyl women tend to be sexually promiscuous while Aydesphreynd women tend to not be sexually promiscuous. Aydesphreynd women also tend to be modest in what they wear.

A lot of Aydesphreynds tend to be very skilled in martial arts that use two-handed swords that have long blades. Aydesphreynds also love getting into martial arts duels to death.

Aydesphreynds are the ones that want to brutally conquer the warrior princess protagonist's country. In the story of this novel of mine, the warrior princess protagonist will often get into hand to hand combat duels to death against many Aydesphreynd warriors. She will also get into a lot of hand to hand combat duels to death wtih Aydesphreynds where her Aydesphreynd opponents are using two-handed swords that have long blades while she is also using a two-handed sword with a long blade.

2. The Eranbeyls

The Eranbeyls are people who are mostly middle-class. They make up 20 percent of Vegsunduram's human population. They are known to be people who have an open-mind because they accept a lot of cultural influences from non-Vegsunduramian cultures while the Aydesphreynds are racist, xenophobic, and close-minded towards non-Vegsunduramian cultures. Many Eranbeyl women tend to be sexually promiscuous. A lot of Eranbeyl youths also disrespect the adult Eranbeyls.

3. The Marehalds

The Marehalds are the peasant class of Vegsunduram. They make up 35 percent of Vegsunduram's human population. They tend to be farmers with food livestocks and farms of vegetables and fruits. They also love making funny jokes. Their women are modest when it comes to wearing clothes. They are also very humble.

How the names of the social classes are pronounced:

Aydesphreynd - Pronunciation: Ay - des - freynd

Eranbeyl - Pronunciation: E - ran - beyl

Marehald - Pronunciation: Ma - re - hald

So what do you think of the names of the social classes? Which social class names do you like the most? Do you think I should change them or completely replace them? Do you have better ideas for the names of the social classes?

Last edited:
Alright, so vengeance is part of her character. Sorrow and hatred are powerful emotions so you might have something interesting going on if you develop it further. On a different note, while I understand that this is your novel and you're free to write it however you wish, don't you think that little lore bit clashes with the romance theme? Like if you're aiming to have a romantic novel with sexual themes, extreme cases of trauma like that might be distracting to the reader, not to mention, a very serious topic.

It is the nation of the warrior princess protagonist. It is a well-developed nation with a rich economy.)

It is a well-developed nation with a good economy but not as well developed as Cemdreyad or as economically-developed as Cemdreyad.)

It is a strong imperialist nation. It wants to conquer Cemdreyad. The Vegsunduramians are the people of Vegsunduram.)

It is the country of the Luyen peoples. They are often the victims of the slaveries and the violence of the Kara Jalu peoples.)

It is the country of the Mardans. The Mardans are people who often directly say what's on their minds.)

It is the country that is notorious for being the place where most of the whole world's mercenaries come from. A lot of its mercenaries also commit human rights violations. This country is also currently ruled by its military in a tyrannic way.)

Eltrei has a lot of cults that worship demons. It is the place for having the most demons that love eating humans.)

The Kara Jalu nation is an alliance of many Kara Jalu tribes. The Kara Jalu are a race of warlike tribal savages who love being warriors. They often attack non-Kara Jalu peoples in order to get slaves and sex slaves from non Kara Jalu peoples. The slaves of the Kara Jalu peoples are non-Kara Jalu. Kara Jalu peoples are very brutal and very hateful towards non-Kara Jalu peoples. They often torture and brutally kill every non-Kara Jalu prisoners of war they capture. They also often treat their non-Kara Jalu slaves very harshly. They even kill their non-Kara Jalu slaves for fun. Most of the victims of Kara Jalu peoples are the Luyen peoples.

The Kara Jalu peoples are also very fond of capturing non-Kara Jalu women and non-Kara Jalu girls in order to rape them. They often use non-Kara Jalu women and non-Kara Jalu girls as sex slaves. Polygamy is also the norm among rich Kara Jalu male men.

All Kara Jalu people are warriors. A typical Kara Jalu person is a warrior. The whole lives of Kara Jalu people are all about being warriors. The Kara Jalu often take the Kara Jalu religion seriously.

1. After dying, a Kara Jalu can only enter paradise if he is a brave warrior and if he loves to kill non-Kara Jalu peoples

2. After dying, a Kara Jalu who isn't a warrior, who doesn't love to kill non-Kara Jalu peoples, or both deserve eternal suffering.

3. After dying, all non-Kara Jalu peoples deserve eternal suffering. Even if a non-Kara Jalu is a warrior and hates non-Kara Jalu peoples, he/she still deserves eternal suffering.)

So what do you think of the names of the nations? Which nation names do you like the most? Do you think I should change them or completely replace them? Do you have a better idea for the names of the nations?

1. The Aydesphreynds

The Aydesphreynds are a warrior class. Most of them are rich classes. They make up 45 percent of Vegsunduram's human population. Aydesphreynds are fearless and very brave. This is because they are a warrior class. They react with no fear when being in any physical danger. An Aydesphreynd tends to kill a person he/she thinks is immoral by himself. All Aydesphreynds are warriors.

By the way, the Aydesphreynds are the only people who control the military, the police force, the politics, and the government of Vegsunduram. All people who are legally allowed to join the military, the police force, the politics, and the government of Vegsunduram are Aydesphreynds. The members of the military, the police force, the politics, and the government of Vegsunduram are all Aydesphreynds. The Aydesphreynds are the highest ranking social class in Vegsunduram.

The Aydesphreynds are also racist, xenophobic, and close-minded towards people who are not Vegsunduramian. An Aydesphreynd family tend to have slaves. They are very brutal in abusing and exploiting their slaves. Most slaves of the Aydesphreynds are people who aren't Vegsunduramian. Sometimes, the slaves of Aydesphreynds are Eranbeyls.

The Aydesphreynds also commit a lot of atrocities against Eranbeyls because they hate and have contempt for Eranbeyls. The reason why they hate Eranbeyls is because Eranbeyls are open-minded to accepting cultural influences from non-Vegsunduramian cultures. The Aydesphreynds also hate Eranbeyl youths who are disrespectful towards adult Eranbeyls because Aydesphreynd youths typically respect adult Aydesphreynds. Aydesphreynds also hate Eranbeyl women because many Eranbeyl women tend to be sexually promiscuous while Aydesphreynd women tend to not be sexually promiscuous. Aydesphreynd women also tend to be modest in what they wear.

A lot of Aydesphreynds tend to be very skilled in martial arts that use two-handed swords that have long blades. Aydesphreynds also love getting into martial arts duels to death.

Aydesphreynds are the ones that want to brutally conquer the warrior princess protagonist's country. In the story of this novel of mine, the warrior princess protagonist will often get into hand to hand combat duels to death against many Aydesphreynd warriors. She will also get into a lot of hand to hand combat duels to death wtih Aydesphreynds where her Aydesphreynd opponents are using two-handed swords that have long blades while she is also using a two-handed sword with a long blade.

2. The Eranbeyls

The Eranbeyls are people who are mostly middle-class. They make up 20 percent of Vegsunduram's human population. They are known to be people who have an open-mind because they accept a lot of cultural influences from non-Vegsunduramian cultures while the Aydesphreynds are racist, xenophobic, and close-minded towards non-Vegsunduramian cultures. Many Eranbeyl women tend to be sexually promiscuous. A lot of Eranbeyl youths also disrespect the adult Eranbeyls.

3. The Marehalds

The Marehalds are the peasant class of Vegsunduram. They make up 35 percent of Vegsunduram's human population. They tend to be farmers with food livestocks and farms of vegetables and fruits. They also love making funny jokes. Their women are modest when it comes to wearing clothes. They are also very humble.

So what do you think of the names of the social classes? Which social class names do you like the most? Do you think I should change them or completely replace them? Do you have better ideas for the names of the social classes?

Last edited:

So what do you think of the names of the nations? Which nation names do you like the most? Do you think I should change them or completely replace them? Do you have better ideas for the names of the nations?

1. The Aydesphreynds

2. The Eranbeyls

3. The Marehalds

Last edited:

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I think the names of your places are excellent, but I am questioning if a name like Alicia fits with them. Is Alicia from Kara Jalu?

With so many places developed, what is it that you feel your world building is lacking?

Is Alicia from Kara Jalu?

What?! No! She is from Cemdreyad! The Kara Jalu peoples are a race of warlike savages! Alicia is not a savage! In fact, she hates the Kara Jalu very much because the Kara Jalu peoples love attacking innocent non-Kara Jalu peoples! Alicia is extremely brutal to Kara Jalus!

Read about Cemdreyad again and you will see that Cemdreyad is the country of the warrior princess protagonist.